Wednesday, January 16, 2013

muthafuggin CrowsToes review (part 1 of 2)


Break's over. Have some swatches!

As promised, here are some CrowsToes glitter polishes. I have pictures of four today, and I will post the rest later. (soon)

I believe all of the polishes in this set were Halloween polish at one point in time, but most of them are now part of the core collection. I'll let you know which ones as I get to them!

I topped all of these with one generous coat of gelous. And yeah you can tell it's been a while since I took these pictures because DAYUM look at those long nails.

CrowsToes VooDoo (core line)








One coat of VooDoo dabbed over CoverGirl Vio-Last. Not much to say except this is excellent. :D Great colors, great glitter coverage, mmmmm yeah baby.

CrowsToes Absolum







The variety of glitter in this one is pretty dang awesome. I layered one coat (dabbed on) over Essie Trophy Wife, which I think went perfectly with the mix of glitter in Absolum. 

There's also a bit of holo orange glitter that is really eye-catching in this polish. Two glittery thumbs up! Is that a new rating system?

No. No it's not.

CrowsToes Purple People Eater (core line)







It was a one eyed, one horned, flying purple people eater!
One eyed, one horned flying purple people eater! :D :D :D

I believe this was two coats of Purple People Eater over CoverGirl Vio-Last. No dabbing necessary with this one! It applied very smoothly and evenly. Also, yes, the pictures do look different than the rest in this post. I had to make the purple show up correctly. You know how it is, right?

CrowsToes Last Call at the Crowbar (core line)







One coat of Last Call at the Crowbar over... something. I can't for the life of me remember what I layered this over, but damn it sure looks good! The glitter in this polish is ridiculous. It's mostly made up of shiny gunmetal glitter in various shapes and sizes, but those little colorful hexes are what really make it for me. I see yellow, red, turquoise, black, and green. They might be flashing different colors, but it's been a while since I did the swatch.

This one is my favorite of these four, hands down. I want to try this one again over a gunmetal gray or a multichrome polish. *u*

I think I might have skipped the gelous on this one because it looks so cool without top coat.

Okay, that's all for right now. I will post the rest very very soon. At the moment I'm waiting on some more things to review in the mail, and I also might film a late late late-ass christmas haul video.

Okay, later skaters.

Fitzy

(Products were provided for my honest review)

9 comments:

  1. These are awesome!!! Wonderful swatching! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was it one eyed-flying-purple-people eater,
    or a one eyed-flying-purple people-eater?? THAT is the mistery...
    Whatever, The purple one is my favorite of the bunch but all your swatches rock!
    AND, do not miss my very first giveaway! I'm very excited about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm checking out your blog right now. :)

      Delete
  3. beautiful!!!! i keep trying to locate Last Call and the aqua one... sigh off to look again. hugs, z.
    ps happy you're back. missed your pretty nails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Z! It's good to be back ;)

      Delete
  4. Okay I just found your blog through Nouveau Cheap... I am amazed and your nails are really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am completely jealous of your nails. Gorgeous. Great swatches too. I love my CrowsToes

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment! I read all of them and I will definitely get back to you if you have any questions.