Monday, January 28, 2013

covergirl amethyst and midnight magic


Hey so has anyone else seen all the new CoverGirl Outlast shades in Walgreens yet? Those small displays started popping up everywhere that have a limited collection of colors, but recently a whole shelf full of CG nail polish popped up at my Walgreens, with what I think is every shade from the core line.

A few caught my eye right away, so I took 'em home and swatched both of them.

Amethyst





Two coats of Amethyst. This one didn't catch my eye right away, but I picked up the bottle by chance and noticed it has a purple shimmer.

The formula is on the thick side, but it's not unmanageable and applies quite smoothly. The color is a nice mouse-y brown, and the shimmer is subtle but it adds an interesting quality to the polish.

Midnight Magic





I knew I wanted this one as soon as I saw it. It's a crazy blue metallic foil with a smattering of copper, green, gold, and silver. It's just AWESOME in the bottle, which is why I grabbed it. The copper is what makes this one unique and interesting in my opinion.

Midnight Magic does not disappoint. I swatched it with two coats, but three thin coats would be best.

There were a few more colors that looked pretty and that I want to try, but at seven bucks a pop I'm gonna have to hold back for a while... D: Unless they're on sale. ;)

Fitzy


12 comments:

  1. the price is pretty much why i havent pulled the trigger on buying any of these, but that amethyst is certainly a polish to second glance at! i think cvs or one of those has these on 2 for $10 right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeh they're a bit pricey for drugstore polish... :/ If they keep coming out with interesting shades I'm going to go broke. :P

      Delete
  2. Midnight magic looks awfully dupey for zoya fei fei. Gorgeous color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's definitely a possibility. o: If I had Fei Fei I'd do a comparison! :(

      Delete
    2. I have them both, as well as SinfulColors Winter Wonder. All three are exact dupes, but the Zoya takes 3-4 coats for coverage and the SinfulColors is slightly thick. I think the Cover Girl formula is the best of the three.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. There was a red one right next to it with the same foily finish, but I put it down and got Amethyst instead! xD Now I wish I'd bought all three...

      Delete
  4. I've seen the display but they've been picked over and those amazing babies weren't there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liking Midnight Magic! My hubby picked up a couple of the CG's for me a few weeks back a purple/lavender one and a teal, STILL haven't gotten to swtaching them yet though! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Midnight Magic looks so sparkly and festive. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad I found your blog - I love it!

    I picked up both of these last night - I suspect Amethyst is a dupe for Chanel Paradoxal but now I can't find my Paradoxal (or my Revlon Perplex) to compare. Do you have Paradoxal or have access to it? No one's blogged about this possible dupe yet.

    I also picked up the gorgeous red foil bomb you mentioned (Timeless Rubies) as well as a red metallic with a firey flash (Forever Festive). They were on a BOGO at both Rite Aid and Walgreens. They'd already been picked over pretty well or I'd have gotten more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just purchased this last week, and absolutely love it! What a gorgeous color! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment! I read all of them and I will definitely get back to you if you have any questions.