Saturday, January 19, 2013

100TH POST!!! CrowsToes swatches! (part 2 of 2)


HEY Y'ALL THIS IS MY 100th POST AAAAAAAAAAHHHH

I don't really have anything super exciting to commemorate 100 posts, but I do have the rest of these glitterlicious bottles from CrowsToes. P:

Here we gooooo!

As usual, I top my glitter swatches with a coat of Gelous. Also, all four of these polishes are in the CrowsToes core collection. So have at 'em!

Hell Hath No Fury







Large and medium red hexes and squares, orange hexes and bars, iridescent purple (not blue) glitter, and fine shimmer all in a clear base.

I love the variety in glitter sizes in this polish. There is very fine shimmer, tiny glitter, and big hexes with so much in between. I need to layer this over something besides a black creme, though.

Bone Daddy






Now this is a freakin cool polish. Bone Daddy is a light grey jelly with white hexes and bars. It's SO COOOOL. I believe this is two coats of Bone Daddy over Orchid Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time (A light blue-grey jelly).

You might not know what Orchid is, and that's okay. It's a brand only found in Texas, because HEB grocery stores are only found in Texas, and Orchid is an HEB product. If anyone is interested, I can post some Orchid swatches. :P

My roommate commented that Bone Daddy has kind of a paint splatter effect, and agreed that I should try matte-ifying it. I added a coat of NYC Matte Me Crazy, and yes, it looks completely awesome.



Also, yes, I have noticed how grubby my cuticles look in the above pictures. If this offends you, please let me know in the comments, and I will extend my most sincere apologies. I will then promptly retract my apologies and post a silly face.

Frog's Breath






Ahhh delicious Frog's Breath! This is one coat of Frog's Breath over L'Oreal Brit Invasion. This one is mostly green hexes, which are also holographic so it flashes all kinds of fuckin colors.

This one is definitely a fave for me; the application is great and the coverage is awesome. Five thumbs up.

Here's a blurry shot so you can see the pretty holo-ness.


Tangled Web



All right, are you ready for these nubs?




:'[ so little...

Anyway! Tangled Web is a tangled mess of black bars and hexes, and blue holo hexes. I was impatient with this one. I must have layered it over four different polishes before I gave in and layered it over white.

It looks like crumbled oreos in vanilla ice cream. Truly a delicious combination. ;)

Application with a little tricky with this one. The large hexes tended to clump together and appear either five at once or not at all. I found it very easy to over-apply this polish. That being said, when it's done right, Tangled Web looks spectacular.

Close-ups:



That's all I've got for now. I'm very impressed with CrowsToes polish so far! Her glitters are all interesting and versatile. I love her combinations of matte and iridescent/holo glitters especially.

If you're looking to get some CrowsToes of your own, check out Llarowe and Overall Beauty. (A lot of the Christmas Collection is back in stock for the time being.)

Fitzy

(Products were provided for my honest review)

6 comments:

  1. I'm going to go broke buying nail polish... but you keep showing me more beautiful polishes that I must have!!!! (Those CrowsToes are hard to find... I'll look at Llarowe and Overall Beauty.)
    You pretty nails never offend...
    Hugs, z.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Post some Orchid swatches, please! I'm interested to see what they have to offer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ::squishes the nubs:: even your shorties look good. Damn you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Frog one (I saw it first on Did My Nails) and I've seen Bone Daddy before and know I want it, but I did NOT expect Tangled Web to be THAT FANTASTIC. Holy cow! Time to go add everything to my wishlist~~ Happy 100th post =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving Bone Daddy. *adds to wishlist*

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY!!! Congratulations on your 100th post!!! :D <3 the swatches!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment! I read all of them and I will definitely get back to you if you have any questions.