Monday, December 31, 2012

What do you do with a pound of glitter?


What do you do with a pound of glitter?
What do you do with a pound of glitter eaar-lay in the mornin?


Hey y'all!

I must interrupt my own blog break with an Irish pub song and a shitload of gold square glitter.

My mom found this huge can of glitter while we were looking through our supplies to decorate stockings for Christmas. I immediately ran off with it with the intention of doing some big glitter nail looks.

Even though the outside says it's a pound of glitter, I think it may be a little less than that. As you can see, the container isn't really completely full:

*sparkle sparkle*

Anyway, here's something I did for New Year's Eve tonight! This was the first time I'd ever used big glitter pieces like this, and it was actually a lot easier than I thought it would be.





Besides glitter, for this look I used a black creme polish and an unnamed borghese silver and black glitter polish. I topped everything with Gelous.

I admit I need a bit more practice, which is fine with me because I'm already thinking of what else I can do with these!

Thanks for reading! Have a happy New Year's Eve!

Fitzy

PS:

For your listening pleasure, an Irish pub song:

17 comments:

  1. That song will be in my head forever! Love what you did with it, what a find! Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard that song in ages! lol

    Brilliant idea for the glitter! A+ for creativity. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I don't know why it just popped into my head.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you! I just hope I don't pick off all the glitter before the night is over!

      Delete
  4. YAY PLACED GLITTER! I can't wait 'til you do more! Happy new year, cutie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankies! Happy New Year to you too lovely!

      Delete
  5. I love how you used the glitter. May you use it all up.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year! I have a feeling I will go through the whole can in 2012. ;P

      Delete
  6. Awesome mani and glitter stash!

    Have a wonderful New Year!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Square glitter placement? I think I'm in love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh I didn't even play the song and that's all I can think of :P

    Anyways lovely nails, very fun! Make sure you don't spill the glitter. :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. What DON'T you do with a pound of glitter!? Looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment! I read all of them and I will definitely get back to you if you have any questions.