Saturday, December 1, 2012

"Marathon" Lazy 15 Challenge Day 13: Guilty Pleasure

Hey y'all! Last one for tonight. :D



This is another mani that had a good amount of inspiration behind it. I went to Walgreens this morning to pick up some chocolates for my boo (cute, I know), and I picked up a bar for myself as well. I don't know about you, but I looooove salty and sweet combos, and chocolate with caramel and salt is my absolute FAVORITE.

For me, there's nothing like super dark bitter chocolate with sweet, sticky caramel and a sprinkling of salt. When fall comes around, you know I'm first in line at Starbucks for one of their salted caramel mochas...

I wasn't sure if this counted as a guilty pleasure though. Should I feel guilty about the things I like? No! And I can rationalize with myself enough to not feel guilty about enjoying sweets.

But when I eat a whole bar in one sitting, I know that's not good for me. And yeah, I do feel a little guilty about it. :X

I can't help it! It's so tasty... (Luckily today's bar lasted long enough for pictures)

Salted Caramel with Chocolate






For this mani, I started off with one coat of Sheswai what., and then dabbed on some caramel globs with a franken that just happens to be named "Covered in Caramel." ;P (We can all thank my partner for that one; he's the one who made it!) For my "salt," I randomly dabbed on some Kleancolor Holo Orange. 

Here are the bottles:


Whew! I'm so glad I got all of these out of the way. Just in time, too. There are only two challenge days left! D:

I'll be back on Monday with my next Lazy 15 mani. Until then, I might have some swatches done... we'll see! :)

Fitzy


19 comments:

  1. AAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUGHHH I WANT CHOCOLATE SO BAD WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME x_x *fatforchristmas*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHEM. I mean, they look amazing! (Which they most definitely do) =D

      Delete
    2. xD lol! Just looking at these pics gives me a serious craving too :(

      Delete
  2. Interesting combination. I'd never put salt on chocolate because I don't like to mix tastes.
    Your nails look gorgeous. Like real chocolate with caramel dripping over it, sprinkled with salt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D To each their own... ;) There's plenty of chocolate out there for all tastes

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fitzy, what, what, what are you doing? Now i want it badly, and we don't have it in Moscow xD

    And the nail art is goooorgeous! Hey, also drips :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D: You don't have salted caramel chocolate bars?!? Am I going to have to send you some?

      Delete
  5. Oh my, your nails look delicious, I mean gorgeous! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those nails make me want to buy one of those chocolate bars! Ghirardelli should pay you for this very effective ad! Seriously, they should.

    You are very talented, these are positively delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time I look at this post I want to buy one! xD Thank you lol

      Delete
  7. This looks yummy! Great job! I think the best combo of salty and sweet is chocolate and bacon. *droos*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That seems to be a popular one! I don't eat bacon though. :/ lol

      Delete
  8. My mouth started watering! No fair haha! You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!!! this mani is so stunning! I so love the color combos and the design as well. It looks so elegant and classy which is perfect for evening parties.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment! I read all of them and I will definitely get back to you if you have any questions.