Tuesday, December 11, 2012

LIEBSTERGEDDON 2012


Hey y'all!

So the time has come for me to finally complete all the Liebster award tags/nominations I've received. -_- I know, I know, it's about time my lazy ass hopped on this one.

I was nominated by Sharra - The Blahg, Micki - Lacquer Nirvana, TarasTalons, Not Too Polished, and Play Polish. (There might have been another one, but I'm not sure/couldn't find any more) I will be answering ALL 55 of their questions.

In case you haven't heard of the Liebster Award, it's basically a blog "tag" for lesser-known blogs. Here's how it works:

Any blog with fewer than 200 followers is eligible to receive a Liebster Award. The rules are, you share 11 random facts about yourself, answer 11 questions from the blogger who tagged you, nominate 11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers, and list 11 questions for them to answer! Got it? Good! Now let's get started.



11 Facts About Fitzy

  1. I am twenty years of age!
  2. I am studying art in college.
  3. I have been with my partner, Thomas, for almost one year.
  4. I have only had one job, ever. 
  5. I am right-handed.
  6. My favorite pair of jeans is a pair of ladies' skinny jeans from the GAP. (They fit my booty perfectly :3)
  7. I take my tea with milk and sugar.
  8. I like my eggs scrambled... or fried... or in the middle of a slice of bread.
  9. I have no food allergies that I know of. 
  10. I never drink orange juice with pancakes.
  11. I can't walk in high heels... :(

Sharra's 11 Questions:

PETS! Show me! If you don't have one, we can cry together. I mean, tell me what you WOULD like ;) 

I used to have two pet rats named Butterscotch and Gigi. These are them:


They both died earlier this year. I still miss them a lot. 

What got you into painting your nails?

I don't really know! I've always thought nail polish was so beautiful and interesting. I guess it was kind of a slow climb from an interest to an obsession and I'm not sure where I switched from one to the other. O.o

What got you into blogging about it?

All the awesome blogs that were already out there. :D Namely Scrangie... All of this is her fault. I blame her. 

(Kidding, I have nothing but admiration for Scrangie. I THANK her for this.)

I loved reading other blogs so much that I kept joking around that I was going to join in. My partner asked "why not?" and I kept coming up with excuses. ("I don't have a good enough camera!" "My nails aren't long enough yet!" "I don't have anything to post about!") Eventually I just gave in and stopped trying to come up with excuses to NOT do something I clearly wanted to do. We all gotta start somewhere. 

What's your favourite specific polish so far?

D: This is a hard one. (that's what she said) I'm still loving Sally Hansen Petrol right now. It's a good go-to polish for me. 

Is there a cause you identify with (cancer, cystic fibrosis, transgender, depression, etc, etc...)? Wanna talk about it?

Sure, I stand behind plenty of causes. Depression awareness, the environment, human rights... But I don't really feel like talking about 'em right now. :P

What do you (want to) do with your life?

I'm thinking I want to be an art teacher, but I'm not sure! 

M&Ms or Smarties?

Are you talkin' the chalky Smarties or the chocolate Smarties? Because either way, it's M&Ms for me. :)

Are you right handed or left handed?

Right-handed! But I already told you that. My partner is left-handed though! 

What is your first memory?

Dude... This is the most difficult question you could ever ask. I have vague memories of my childhood before age 5, but nothing specific. 

What's your favourite indie brand polish? If you haven't tried any, which one are you lemming?

Darling Diva Polish for sure! :D

What is the strangest/most unusual dish you have ever eaten, was it good, and where did it come from (what country is it indigenous to)?

I once ate some traditional African food at Whole Foods in Austin... It was good, but weird. :S 

TarasTalons 11 Questions

Where did you grow up?

In Texas! ;) I don't have to be specific, right?

What is the best thing about where you grew up?

My family. 

If you could only use one range of polishes for a whole year, which brand would you choose?

Probably Sally Hansen. They have great variety!

What is your party trick?

Lean against a wall and try to look cool. B)

Why do you blog?

Because it's better than bugging my friends and family about nail polish all the time. xD

What is your favourite animal?

Rats! :( I love rats so much. They are just perfect little critters.

If you had to live in another country, where would you choose?

Denmark. 

What blog is your favourite/gives you the most inspiration?

Right now I'm really loving Chalkboard Nails, Manicurator, and Hooked on Polish. I'm jelly of all of their nails. So gorgeous! *u*

What three famous/well known people (living or dead) would you invite to a dinner party and why?

John Green, because he's my favorite author and he really inspires me, Barack Obama, because I really believe in the guy and I have a lot I'd want to share with him and learn from him... Wow I can't think of a third. Lana Wachowski. Yes. I would love to meet her.

How did you get interested in nails?

I have no idea! I blame it on my partner's encouragement and my artistic, colorful tendencies. 

What is your favourite TV programme?

At the moment, it's probably Alias. I'm catching up on Netflix and it's awesome. :3

Lacquer Nirvana 11 Questions

What is your guilty pleasure?

I think we all know the answer to this question.

When do you usually blog, morning, noon, or night?

Usually I finish a post at night, and then post it the next day in the middle of the day. I'm actually writing this at 1PM though, which is weird for me.

How did you choose the name of your blog?

It just came to me... This one time when I was joking around about starting a blog, I was like "Oh I'll totally call it Lacquer Lad! LOL JK THAT'S A DUMB NAME." And then I couldn't think of anything else. :| 

Whats your favorite store to shop at?

You want me to CHOOSE?! What are you, crazy??? ;P
Let's just say Walgreens. I shop there a lot.

Are you on Pinterest?

No, and I never will be. That shit's addictive.

Are you frugal?

;n; I wish.

What other hobbies do you have other than blogging?

Painting my nails. HA! Kidding... I also play ukulele (or I used to; I haven't in a while), play The Sims 2, read the occasional book or two, and make arts.

What is your favorite restaurant?

      It's called India Oven. A local Indian food place that is UH MAY ZING.

What is your favorite article of clothing?

Probably my partner's hoodie. :3

What is your favorite social media?

Twitter is quickly becoming a favorite, but I still do a lot on facebook.

What do you never leave the house without?

Keys, wallet, cell phone. I wish I could say nail polish, but I often leave the house with only one hand painted. >.<

Not Too Polished 11 Questions

Where do you blog from (bedroom, office, kitchen), and why that spot?

Usually my bedroom, because it's comfy and I take my pictures in there. Only today I'm blogging in the kitchen. What is up with that?!

What was "THE" polish, the one that kicked off your obsession? 

Essie Trophy Wife. My first trip to ULTA to buy polish, and I knew I had to have it.

Describe your all time favorite meal?

Thanksgiving at my mom's house. Homemade lentil loaf, mashed potatoes, corn casserole, peas and pearl onions in cream sauce, cranberry chutney, and gravy on everything please. 

There are so many holidays this month- what do you celebrate, and how?

I celebrate Christmas with my family. I'm not a Christian anymore, but to me it's more about being with the people I love than religion or spirituality. We usually have a nice dinner at home the night before, wake up to open gifts and have breakfast, listen to Christmas music, and sit around in our jammies all day. :P

We also celebrate the new year with bubbly and fireworks. :P

Tell me about your pets? Or what you would like to have, if you don't have any?

I had two pet rats named Butter and Gigi. 

They were such smart little critters, and they loved sitting on my shoulder or crawling all over me while I watched TV, played video games, or walked around. I could make them come to me by clicking my tongue.

Butter was super smart and could open the cage door and slide down the metal table leg by herself. She was a true rat and could figure things out on her own. Gigi was just so sweet and loving, and a little bit of a doofus. 

Butter died of old age (they were both around 3 years old); I came home to find her in the cage and I cried for a few hours... Gigi passed about a week or so later. She went very peacefully. She didn't even get sick, she just went to sleep. I tried to get another pair of rats, but I just wasn't ready so I found them a new home. 

OKAY SAD STORYTIME IS OVER GOD

Favorite type of polish?

Hmmmmmmm... Probably creme. 

What one brand polish do you own the most of? How many?

I'm going to have to go check... It's either Essie or Sinful Colors.

Yup it was Essie. I have 42 Essies. O:

Are you an early bird or a night owl?

Definitely a night owl. I stay up till like 3 or 4 AM sometimes...

What is your biggest polish "lemming"- or as I prefer to call it, your biggest polish crush?

EVERY. HOLO. EVER.

Do you have IRL friends that share your polish addiction?

I don't know anybody personally who has an obsession like mine... T_T

Share a photo of your favorite mani ever!

From me or somebody else?? D:

Mine is probably this one that I did for Transgender Day of Remembrance:


From somebody else... I don't know! There are too many talented people out there to choose from.

Play Polish 11 Questions

What is your favorite color or a mani.

Hmmmmm Purple! :D

What made you start a blog.

(See my answer above)

Where do you shop for nail polish.

Oh you know... Walgreens, HEB, Wal Mart, ULTA, CVS, Sally Beauty Supply, Etsy, Amazon, Nordstrom... occasionally Sephora. 

How much do you love nail polish.

Too much. Now have a gif. 


Do you make any of your own polish.

I make the occasional frankenpolish out of whatever I have lying around. Usually it's stuff that was either cheap or that I don't wear or don't like. I just mix it all together!

Did you check out my blog and follow me

yes I checked out your blog!

Is there a mani that you have just been dying to try.

Yes! I want to wear my Covergirl Vio-Last with Darling Diva Ringer on top as a full mani. I had it on one hand for a day, but I want to wear it on both.

How often are you doing a challenge.

Eeeee... Hardly ever. I just finished my first one, and I'm not too eager to start another. 

Whats your favorite holiday polish this year.

There are too many that I haven't tried! Darling Diva Sheer Poetry is great though. I have a bunch of CrowsToes Christmas polish that I have yet to swatch though, and they look gorgeous... :X

Whats you favorite Indie polish.

Fave indie brand? Probably Darling Diva. Favorite polish? Ringer. It's a Max Factor Fantasy Fire dupe and it's freakin sweet.

What's your favorite form of nail art.

Gradients, because they're SO easy. :D


OKAY, DONE! I've answered aaaalll the questions. Now, here's my list of questions:


  1. What is your favorite dessert or sweet food?
  2. Cremes or jellies? Why?
  3. Shimmer or glitter? Why?
  4. How do you organize your polish stash?
  5. What are you doing for the holidays?
  6. What is a nail trend (crackle, matte, magnetic, glitter bomb, etc.) that you just can't stand, and why?
  7. What is your favorite mythical creature?
  8. How do you like your eggs?
  9. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?
  10. What is your favorite drugstore nail (or makeup) brand?
  11. What is the color of your soul?
AND THE NOMINEES ARE:


...And that's it. I couldn't find 11 :C I'm not even sure that these bloggers haven't already received a Liebster. Oh well! I will get to work contacting everyone... Maybe after my headache goes away. 

<3

Fitzy

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I usually don't like this sort of thing, but it is great to get to know a bit about people behind awesome polishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pet picture made me so happy, then I read the next line. I'm sorry =( I love how you thought of your blog name tehe xD

    You should show us your art! Y'know, if you want to :3 I would love to see personally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God a have to answer those too...sooo lazy

    love all the pics/gifs, and your answers were very interesting to read! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed reading this!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment! I read all of them and I will definitely get back to you if you have any questions.