Monday, December 24, 2012

Darling Diva Polish: Sugar Rush - Swatch and Review




One coat of Darling Diva Polish Sugar Rush over Essie Bikini So Teeny. I tried this one over white and nude but didn't like it. It took me a while to find the perfect polish to layer it over, but I think this is really it!

Sugar Rush is made up of hugenormous transparent neon multicolored hexes, a small amount of iridescent square glitter, and a touch of holo powder. Quite a bit of fishing was required for me to get those big hexes out, but I love the result. I found that one coat could yield anywhere from two to seven hexes.

I should mention that I added a dropper full of Seche Restore to thin Sugar Rush out. A lot of indie polish is made using uncut glitter suspension base, which means that the polish is quite thick! The good thing is that this means you can thin the polish to your desired consistency. Which I did, and I find that Sugar Rush applies much more easily after being thinned out.

If you look closely at my index finger, you can tell that these pictures were taken immediately post-break. :'( I just slapped some polish on the broken corner of my nail and did this last swatch before filing them all down.

Have a wonderful Christmas eve (if you celebrate Christmas), or a wonderful day in general. :)

Fitzy

(Product was provided for my honest review)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment! I read all of them and I will definitely get back to you if you have any questions.