Saturday, December 22, 2012

CrowsToes Holiday 2012 Collection Review: Part 1

Hey fuzzy bunnies,

Today I have Part Uno of a review that I have (as usual) taken wayyy too long to put together. A while ago, Lauri, creator of CrowsToes nail polish, got it touch with me so I could review her holiday collection. And well, here it is! (Half of it anyway.)

This first post contains 4 of the 8 fantabulous holiday glitter bombs from CrowsToes. These are limited edition and unfortunately, many of them are already sold out. So sorry to tease you with polish that is no longer available, but some of these are still for sale on Llarowe and Overall Beauty, so snag 'em while you can!

Let's get right to the swatches. My overall opinion will be in the second post!

Jingle Balls






One coat of Jingle Balls over Sinful Colors Mint Apple (pinkie and middle) and one of my frankens (ring and pointer).

This polish is like a christmas tree in a bottle! Medium blue-green hexes, small blue hexes, tiny red hexes, gold bars and stars, and plenty more small green glitter make up this polish. Hardly any "fishing" was required here, but I did have to dab the glitter on to apply it. So beautiful. Sadly sold out, I believe.

Close-up:



Bah F@#%%*g Humbug






Awesome metallic mix of yellow, blue-green, and blue hexes and bars. A lot of the glitter in this one is holographic, which you know is guaranteed to make me happy! I layered one coat over OPI Number One Nemesis.

Close-up:


Blue Christmas






Two coats of Blue Christmas over Bootie Babe Hella Hiney. (Yes, I have some booty-shaped nail polish to show y'all) Blue Christmas is a straight-up blue glitterfest in a clear base. This one was difficult for me to photograph; it looked much more beautiful in person! Great coverage with this one. I probably could have tried to get it opaque on its own.

Close-up:


A Christmas Crow







This is either one or two coats of A Christmas Crow over Wet 'n' Wild Poison Ivy. Christmas Crow is definitely a stunner. It's a black jelly with small multichrome glitter that shifts from orange to yellow to green. This shift is much more visible in the bottle (you can even see some blue in there!), but in the right lighting this polish really glows. It's fantastic.

The second half of this collection will be up tomorrow!

-Fitzy

(Products were provided for my honest review)

5 comments:

  1. I can't decide which one I like best! They're all so sparkly and pretty. I can't wait to see the second half.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME polishes! I've always wanted to try Crows Toes. Hopefully some day:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these! Especially the fact that they aren't too in-your-face Christmas-ey. Bah F@#%%*g Humbug looks like the perfect polish for me...I am the ultimate holiday hater.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment! I read all of them and I will definitely get back to you if you have any questions.