Sunday, November 4, 2012

Walgreens Haul: Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Sale Polish



Hey y'all,

Today I have but a simple haul post to share. Yesterday I decided to finally take advantage of the Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure sale that's been going on for a little while.

In case you didn't know about this, the Sally Hansen CSM line is being "re-launched" in December, so all the old ones are heavily discounted right now at Walgreens and various other stores. From what I've heard, many places are selling them for around $1.89 a pop, as opposed to the regular price of around $8. (I think they're $7.79?)

I've heard that this excludes Limited Edition polishes, and last night I happened to find a bottle of Parchment from the Spring 2012 Alexander Wang LE Collection. I brought it to the register, and sure enough! It was full price. So I put it back and grabbed another from the permanent collection.

My Walgreens doesn't have any sale signs up, or anything to let the customers know that these polishes are on sale, but when I brought them up to the register they rang up for the sale price. So if your Walgreens doesn't have any sale signs either, just take one up to the register to check!

Now for what I grabbed yesterday:

310 Gilty Pleaure
Metallic gold. More cool-toned than most golds, I think.


470 Purple Pulse
Purple shimmer, but very pretty and full of red and blue shimmer as well as just purple. Much more red-toned in real life. 

510 I Pink I Can
Light pink creme. Nothing too exciting!

560 Kook-A-Mango
Pinkish orangey red creme. I've heard this is a favorite; it's a great basic color.

630 Haute Chocolate
Red-brown shimmer. There's a bit of gold in there too.


660 Pat on the Black
Wine red crelly. This color is also known as Oxblood. (Not to be confused with Oxblood

670 Midnight in NY
Black jelly with red and silver shimmer. (I think there's a bit of turquoise in there too!)

That's all I grabbed; the display at my store was a little more than half-full, so if I wanted to I could go back for more. But these are some great basic shades for really cheap, and the formula is pretty reliable!

I don't know if anyone would be interested in seeing a CSM "swatchfest," but I could definitely do that if there's any interest.

-Fitzy

6 comments:

  1. I'd love to see all of these swatched. You picked gorgeous colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some other things to swatch first, but I'll definitely swatch these as well! Thanks :)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous colours you picked, Great sale prices too!!
    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks! I saw a display at another store in my area that clearly didn't get the memo because they are still full-price. Hmph!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :( did you try bringing any up to the register?

      Delete

Please leave me a comment! I read all of them and I will definitely get back to you if you have any questions.