Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The Lazy 15 Day 6: Favorite Color

Heyyyy y'all!

I decided to give myself a break from all the complicated manis today and just do something simple and pretty. I've been feeling quite stressed out thanks to school, and I kind of wanted to take it easy with my nails today. So here you go!

Just a note: I did a lot of color correction to the pictures that follow. My favorite color is PURPLE, which just happens to be the one color I can never photograph properly. My nails looked blue in every picture, so I adjusted the color levels a bit more to my liking. :)

I didn't do anything to my skin, though! So my fingers look just as red as they do in real life. :P

Purple


My mani today features China Glaze Bizarre Blurple and Sally Hansen DVD. Bizarre Blurple is a nice deep purple with blue shimmer that I freakin' love, and DVD is a blue glass fleck with a purple/pink multichrome shift.

I layered 1 coat of DVD over two coats of Bizarre Blurple, except for on my thumbs and ring fingers, which I just left with Bizarre Blurple alone. Topped it off with Essie Good to Go.



Mmmm, beauty. Along with purple being my favorite color, DVD is also one of my favorite polishes. I've gone through a good chunk of the bottle because I love the polish so much. The color shift! The sparkle! The layering possibilities! 

It's funny, because I bought DVD when I was first getting into polish, and I didn't really like it because it took so many coats to get opaque on its own. Silly boy. I love layering polishes now. The Sally Hansen HD line was just full of awesome layering polishes. I wish I had bought them all when I had the chance. :'(

One last thing about my nails today. The skin on the side of my ring finger is irritated and a little swollen and I don't know why. It's very sensitive to touch, and every time I bump it against something it hurts like hell. You can kind of see it in the above pics, but it's more obvious in this one: 


There's a little bit of broken skin, so I'm hoping it's just a hangnail that got irritated. It'll probably heal on its own soon.


Friday's challenge prompt is feminine nails. Not sure what I'm going to do about that yet, but I'm sure I will have a lot to say.

Ciao!

-Fitzy




12 comments:

  1. Lovely colour! It's so glossy and shiney, also sadly my camera never picks up purple either!

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope I can get a better camera eventually

      Delete
  2. Purty! My camera acts the same way with purple and also green, which is my favourite colour =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems the most interesting and unique colors are always too much for a camera to handle... :P

      Delete
  3. I find purples and reds most difficult to photograph. Polishes you picked are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these colors!!! I love how simple your mani is its really amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful mani!! That spot on your finger may me swollen because of a light infection in there. Try soaking it in warm water with some epsom salts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The swelling seems to have gone down after a few hot showers. I'm just trying not to pick at it now >.<

      Thank you! :)

      Delete

Please leave me a comment! I read all of them and I will definitely get back to you if you have any questions.