Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Lazy 15 Challenge Day 3: Dots! Featuring My First "Dotticure"

Hello all you lovely people,

 Today I have another challenge post to share with y'all. Sorry I haven't really gotten anything else done since the last challenge post. School has been pretty demanding lately and I don't see myself getting any less busy in the coming week. I hope to post some swatches over the weekend though!

 Anyyyywayyyy, here's what I did for today.

Dots!


For today's challenge mani, I used Essie Going Incognito, which is a nice cool fall-appropriate dark green creme. For my dots and accent nails I used Sally Hansen CSM Gilty Pleasure--a metallic gold.

I've never done anything like this before... I don't even have any dotting tools! But a while back I heard from Alexis Leigh that a bobby pin is a good substitute, and luckily I happen to have PLENTY of those lying around! I admit I didn't have a lot of practice, but I tried to keep my dots consistent and I'm very happy with how these turned out.

But I'd love to know what you think... Please let me know in the comments!




The color combination sort of reminds me of a turtle shell for some reason. That's not even how turtles look! I think it's just the pattern of dots or something.

Also I'm just now seeing how much gold polish was left on my fingers. >.< That stuff is sneaky. Forgive my messiness!

I have one last pic of both hands! I'm getting pretty steady when it comes to painting my right hand with my left, so I wanted to give dotting a try and see how it compares.


...Yeah, not the best. But who can blame me? I'm right handed! :P

Okay, okay, I'll keep practicing.



That's all I've got for this post. Friday is water marbling, which is another first for me. D: I'm really glad right now that I have Fridays off from school, because I'm sure water marbling is going to be quite an adventure.

-Fitzy




22 comments:

  1. Your dots are perffffect!! Also omg I want your nails, they're so pretttyyyyy and long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What?! Nonsense! My nails aren't much different from yours! O: but thank you :3

      Delete
  2. It looks great and your dots definitely look consistent! I can't get it looking so uniform even WITH dotting tools =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks! ...What if I buy dotting tools and I suck at using them? D:

      Delete
  3. Love them! The colors are really great together, ad the dots are fantastic! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks awesome!! I love the colors together :0

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is SO amazing! Your dots are perfect I'm so jealous -_- lol! And green and gold are so pretty together :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, they're far from perfect... I always pick my best pictures. ;P

      Thank you! :D

      Delete
  6. Fitzy, i'm gonna kidnap your nails, jsyk!
    And LOL, we match again! What is more, i ALMOST went for the reversed accent nail, too! That would have been hilarious :D
    LOVE your look, and your dots are great! The dots on my right hand are bigger and less consistent than those on my left hand...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Accidental twinsies, awwww yeah! ;D Thank you my dear!

      PS: There's a reason I didn't show the thumb on my right hand... O.O

      Delete
  7. I love your colour combo! Great job on the right hand too...mine never looks nearly as good. As IF you didn't use a dotting tool, you're a dotting genius! Oh and I also want to steal your nails :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I swear, I can even show you the bobby pin I used! xD It's a great tool in a pinch!

      ...No stealing my nails! That would be painful. :P

      Delete
  8. Awesome job for your first dotticure and with a bobby pin, I'm impressed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What??? Your first dotticure? Shut yo mouth, you did awesome! I also had to laugh that your nails are shorter on your right hand - mine look the same!! I don't usually get my right hand painted though because with a baby I barely get the left hand painted! So most of the time I'm running around with one hand done, I'm sure it looks odd!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol the difference in length is getting really bad... But my right hand nails never seem to be able to grow without peeling. :/

      And I've lost count of how many times I've left for class with only one hand painted! xD

      Delete
  10. Great dotting job. I wish I could do that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You should give it a shot. I have a pretty steady hand to begin with, but a little practice goes a long way.

      Delete
  11. This is a great dotticure! I like the gold and the hunter green together :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment! I read all of them and I will definitely get back to you if you have any questions.