Monday, November 5, 2012

The Lazy 15 Challenge Day 2: Gradient Nails (Featuring Stickers!)

Hey y'all!

I've changed my layout just a bit. Sorry if you find it a bit disorienting--I do too! :P But I wanted to be able to put bigger pictures in my posts, so it had to be done!

So I don't know if you know this, but I freakin' love gradient nails. I don't do enough of them. In my opinion, gradients can be as simple or as complicated as you wish to make them. Because of this, anyone can do a gradient, and even without a whole lot of practice it can look very impressive!

When preparing my L15 nails last night I decided to be a little daring and do a more complicated gradient than I usually do. I was really inspired by the gradient manis on Acetone and Old Lacquer (specifically her use of nail stickers and glitter), and so I was aiming for something possibly as splendid as one of her designs.

...I don't think I quite hit the mark, but dammit I tried! See for yourself:





I used a base of Sally Hansen Petrol, and from there I sponged on a bit of GAP Gold Rush (best Chanel Peridot dupe EVER.), and once I was satisfied with that, I dabbed on some Milani 3D, which is a gold holographic polish. You can see it sparkling a bit in the third picture above.

I waited until I thought my nails were dry before applying some gold nail stickers. I don't know what brand they are since I threw out the packaging, but they're most likely Kiss Nail Artist decals. I topped the decals with a coat of Gelous followed by a coat of Seche Vite... and there you have it!

Very un-lazy for a Lazy 15 mani, I have to admit. :P

To be honest, I'm only really satisfied with my thumb and ring finger. I love the colors I used, but I think I might have gone overboard with the decals. That big rose on my pinkie looks kind of cheesy to me, and it turns out my index finger wasn't quite dry when I put on the decal, so it started to curl up after I applied top coat! This always happens when I use decals... I need a little more patience.


Let me know what you think in the comments below! Wednesday I'll be doing dots... This one's a first for me, so we'll see how that goes!

Fitzy






24 comments:

  1. I like the roses! The thumb is pretty awesome, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't think you hit the mark?! Are you crazy??? Lol I totally LOVE your mani! I never would have thought to combine decals and gradients but it really does look awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lolololol thank you. I admit I am my worst critic when it comes to nail art. :P

      I'm glad you like it! x)

      Delete
  3. So pretty, This is GORGEOUS! I love the stickers too!

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) The stickers just happened to be the right shade of gold!

      Delete
  4. This is amazing. I love the viney stickers. They give the gradient another dimension. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks fabulous, I think you did a great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great! Love the whole look, definitely not a lazy mani :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put a lot of work into it and only kept it on for about an hour LOL

      Thank you! :)

      Delete
  7. LOL our manis for this day match! LOVE the coincidence! Yours is so, so pretty, i can't get enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg they do O: Thanks! :D I'm glad you like mine; yours is beautiful.

      Delete
  8. You're nuts - this is perfect! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never used nail decals but I agree with you.. I like the ring finger because the design is kinda flowy and goes right into the gradient and I like the thumb because of how the gradient's shape kinda mirrors the decal. I think I would like these best if the decals were just on accent fingers- the ring finger and thumb. I still like them though.. they look very... regal or something. haha. I like this combo tho. I have some blue and gold nails that post tomorrow and they looked regal to me too. Anyway- good job. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah next time I try something like this I will definitely tone it down a bit. :)

      Delete
  10. Wooooo that is soooooooooo gorgeous!!! O_O!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That means a lot, coming from you. Your art is ridiculous! O.o

      Delete
  11. I'm so glad I found your blog! This mani is gorgeous, I agree with someone who said it looks regal! Like a tzarina! beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Thank you for following! I'm glad you found my blog too heheh

      Delete

Please leave me a comment! I read all of them and I will definitely get back to you if you have any questions.