Friday, November 2, 2012

The Lazy 15 Challenge Day 1: Tape! Tape Everywhere!

Hey y'all!

Squeezing this in with a few hours to spare. ;)

I've only done one successful tape design before, but I think after that one I officially wrapped my mind around taping. It was MUCH easier this time around. I was able to get pretty clean, crisp lines and didn't have to re-do any nails!

Now as for how it looks... Hrm. I'll let you tell me what you think.


My base color is Essie Borrowed and Blue. I taped off a portion of my nails (a little less than half) and painted on Essie Mesmerize, and then taped one more time and covered the tips with Butter London Wallis.


Personally...

I love it! I think it looks really cool in person, but I also think it doesn't look that great in the pictures. The colors didn't really translate well in my opinion. You may just have to take my word for it, but I think it looks fantastic and I'm really proud.

(EDIT: Oops! Forgot this pic the first time around):



That's all I've got for tonight! Be a dear and let me know what you think? :)

-Fitzy







21 comments:

  1. I dig it! The colors contrast like whoa, but go well together at the same time. It's bold, edgy, and awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I thought the same thing about the colors. :D

      Delete
  2. I really like this technique! It's kind of like a fancy funky french!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, that gives me an idea for the next time I try a tape mani...

      Delete
  3. I loveeeeeeeeeee this and your nails are getting so long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you love! <3 Yeah they're getting kind of ridiculous. O.o I wish the ones on my right hand would catch up with my left... Lol

      Delete
  4. I love this! I wish Wallis were suitable for my skintone. It's far too gold for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have yet to wear Wallis on its own, but I hope it looks good on me D:

      Delete
  5. I haven't attempted a three color taped mani yet and I applaud your very successful job at it, and only your second try?!? Well done!! Ugh, so jealous of your nails!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! ^.^ I think I still need some more practice; it looks good but it's not perfect!

      Delete
  6. You have real talent. Thank you for visiting my blog so I could find you!

    I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I love your blog as well; you have gorgeous nails. :)

      Delete
  7. Wow Your nails are gorgeous!! I'm so jealous, I'm also so glad that you followed me so I could discover your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Thank you! I thought your nail are was fantastic; I just had to follow you. :)

      Delete
  8. These turned out so crisp and clean, awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I want to do more tape manis like this one. :)

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thank you! :D And thanks for following!

      Delete

Please leave me a comment! I read all of them and I will definitely get back to you if you have any questions.