Thursday, November 22, 2012

Sonia Kashuk: Starry Night, and a personal update.


Howdy y'all!

I just have a quick post to share today.

First off, I want to thank everyone for all the support I received for the Transgender Day of Remembrance blog event; I was pretty nervous about my post yesterday, and about the event in general. All of your comments were wonderful and I'm sorry I haven't been able to answer all of them yet! I'm overwhelmed by how well everything went yesterday.

I also want to personally thank Mela, Bridget, Kimber, Sharra, Nicole, Kylie, and Wes. They all created beautiful manicures for our Candlelight Vigil theme. You should definitely take a look if you haven't already.

Second, I know I'm... a few posts behind on the Lazy 15. >.< I have one set of pictures taken from Monday (Dessert nails), but I might just take the rest of the week off due to Thanksgiving and do some catching up later! :D

Third, today I have pictures of one of my favorite polishes to show you. I find that Sonia Kashuk polishes are pretty reliable formula-wise, and some of them are definitely my favorites (including this one).

Starry Night






Black creme with silver microshimmer. I'm told this is very similar to Orly Goth (comparison by All Lacquered Up here). I wore this as a base for my galaxy nails for the Lazy 15, and it was the first time I'd worn it in a looong time!

I had forgotten about how tiny the brush is. It's a little difficult to work with, but as long as the brush was pretty loaded with polish, application was a breeze. It's opaque in two coats. Nice and smooth.

That's all I got folks. :3 (and probably all I'll have for the rest of the week. Have a happy Thanksgiving!

-Fitzy

10 comments:

  1. Aww thanks so much for the mention <3333 I'm so happy you let us (ME) participate =D Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course love! <3 I'm glad you joined in; you did a great job!

      Delete
  2. Oh damn it, why did I miss that post yesterday >< I would have certainly participated, had i seen it!
    I just want to express how much admiration i have towards you, Fitzy, and everyone who's gathered their strength and went out to people, showing how you feel about your personality. In our judging society it's a tremendous task.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (awh, it's okay! I would have loved for you to participate though :c)

      Thank you so much my dear. Your words mean a lot to me!

      Delete
  3. Argh, I did a mani for the day of Remembrance and everything and I've been so sick I haven't gotten a chance to post it :( I feel awful, I was so excited about it! So glad to hear it went well though. I plan to still post it, because you can never have enough awareness, right?? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. of course! And I think the inlinkz is still open for submissions. if not, I can extend it. :D

      Delete
  4. Wow, this is a gorgeous polish!! I'm really happy to hear that you got great feedback for your recent posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the mention! I'm glad I had the chance to participte. I'm a big fan of awareness/remembrance/education in general, but topis like this are close to my heart. I'm glad you got so much positive feedback! I did as well, just in person. Makes me smiley!

    Also, this polish is gorgeous! I've had this in my hand before and never took it home. Now ir has to come home with me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! And thank you so much... Your mani was just amazing, and your post was truly touching. :)

      Delete

Please leave me a comment! I read all of them and I will definitely get back to you if you have any questions.