Sunday, November 11, 2012

Darling Diva Polish: Wicked Attraction - Swatch and Review

Afternoon, y'all...

I did mention that I had another DDP to show y'all, right? Well, here it is!

Today's polish is called Wicked Attraction, and, well... I think I'm just going to let the pictures do the talking and then maybe say some words after that.

Wicked Attraction





Wicked Attraction is a dark indigo jelly with purple iridescent glitters, purple and blue hexes, and holographic dust. Or is it glitter? I'm not sure! There's a lot of glitter in this polish and it all kind of blends in to form one big beautiful squishy indigo glitter-fest.

The color of the jelly base itself kind of reminds me of blackberries. It has a dark stained look to it that I really like. The glitters are all kinds of different purples and blues. None of them are the same color as the base. And then the holo adds a sparkly rainbow to it, so... This polish is the shit. Or the tits. Whichever phrase you prefer.

It actually took me a while to figure out what to layer this polish over. I tried a few purples that didn't look very good, and then it hit me to try blue. (derp) So I tried it over my favorite navy blue polish, SH Petrol

Pictured above is one coat of Wicked Attraction over Petrol, and unfortunately the purple glitter isn't really visible in the pics. :'( It's not quite as purple as something like Baby Got Back, but it's also not THIS blue. 

Here's a close-up:


And some bottle shots (one is blurry to show a bit more holo):



In terms of formula, the polish is great! It was just a bit scaaaaryyy to work with at first. When I first pulled the brush out of the bottle, a long stringy glob of glitter dripped off of it into the polish. My face: D8 That turned out to be an anomaly! The polish actually doesn't behave like that and I don't know why that happened the first time I opened it up! 

That's all I have for this polish. Bottom line: It's awesome and I liek it. -u-

-Fitzy

The product in this post was sent for review. All opinions are my own.

14 comments:

  1. Personally not a fan of them. I liked a lot of her older stuff but the new stuff isn't grabbing my eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame... I'm fairly new to all of these indie polishes so they are all interesting to me!

      Delete
    2. Fitzy, I quite agree with you. Imagine I don't even own one single indie polish, so I'm always like OoOh! Aaah! and this time I say also: Oh goodness!

      Delete
  2. It is the tits! lol Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually love how subtle the glitter looks on your swatch, great swatch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really blends in with the navy in the pictures. I should have taken a video to show the sparkliness! Thanks :)

      Delete
  4. In my case the name of the polish is well chosen. I'd like to see it layered over silver. Think that would make an interesting combination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, that's a good idea. I'm going to have to try that soon. Thank you!

      Delete
  5. Oh, i love this kind of polish! And i'm amazed by how you manage to participate in the lazy 15 and keep up with swatching :DD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. xD I'm barely keeping up! Lol. Thank you! Speaking of which I still need to do my nails for today D:

      Delete
  6. Wowza... that is STUNNING!!! O_O

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment! I read all of them and I will definitely get back to you if you have any questions.