Monday, November 26, 2012

Darling Diva Polish: Auld Lang Syne - Swatch and Review


(Heads up, y'all! This one is picture HEAVY.)

So hello all you lovely lacquer-heads. Today I have one of three polishes sent to me from Darling Diva Polish. I still haven't gotten to the other two, but this one deserves a post of its own!

You might have already guessed, but this polish was made for New Year's Eve. If I had to guess, I'd say it was inspired by champagne toasts and fireworks. It's absolutely gorgeous. I know I say that a lot, but I think this may be my favorite Darling Diva so far! So bear with me, because I took a lot of pics. And they still don't really do this polish justice.

Auld Lang Syne







This polish is a delicate and lovely mixture of gold and silver holo glitters in a clear base. The glitters are mostly small and fine, with a few medium gold hexes thrown in. I can't stop staring at it! Y'all know I love anything holo, including glitter.

My base is one coat of Sinful Colors Rich in Heart over two coats of Elmer's glue as a base. I wanted to give glue base a shot, so we'll see if I have results to share later! :) I used one coat of Auld Lang Syne, and I topped the whole mani with one coat of Essie Good to Go.

Here's a blurry shot to show more of that holo glitter:


Aaaand some nail close-ups and bottle shots:

 
 



The verdict:

The good

  • Formula was perfect. Application was easy and even, with a good mix of glitter on each nail.
  • Soooooo sparkly
  • Dried smooth. Doesn't "eat" top coat.
The bad

...Nothing!

Seriously, y'all. I have nothing else to say about this polish except that I know I'll be wearing it on NYE. Somebody get be a glass of bubbly and a pack of sparklers because I am so ready. 

-Fitzy

(Product was provided for my honest review)

7 comments:

  1. Perfect for New Year's! That base adds a whole 'nother dimension to it too, wow! Much better than if you'd just used black!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It IS gorgeous, and looks so nice over the base you chose. Like a glass of bubbly in front of fireplace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!!!!!!!!! And great pics, BTW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This polish is so beautiful on your nails! I love glitter and holo, so it is a winner. Your MANicure is looking really good today! : D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooo! That polish almost looks like Galaxy nails...fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous polish, and I don't normally like gold glitter. I made my own mix of a basecoat that I'm really digging! I mixed about 3 parts Elmers glue to 1 part CND Stickey Base. Still peels off well but holds better than Elmers alone IMO. How did you like the glue basecoat?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment! I read all of them and I will definitely get back to you if you have any questions.