Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Sinful Colors Hot Flash Metallics: Zincing of You and Supernova Swatches and Review + Tape Mani

Hey all!

I feel like it's been too long since I've posted anything... It's actually only been a few days, but I feel like a lot has happened! Truthfully, my life outside of blogging has been busy and a bit overwhelming and stressful. I meant to have this post up days ago but I'm only finishing it today. >.<

I just want to say a quick thank you to everyone who has been reading my blog, especially those of you who have followed me! It makes me so happy to know that other people want to see what I have to post, even if it's just a few of you.

And a big thanks to Alexis Leigh is in order. She recently featured me as her Blogger of the Month for October and I couldn't be more grateful. Alexis is such a sweetheart and a really great person to talk to, and she also has an awesome blog. A lot of you have followed me thanks to her, but if you happen to not know who she is ( O.o ), go check out her blog right now!

On to today's post!

Sinful Colors recently released a collection of metallic shades for this fall. As far as I know, they are all new shades, so that's pretty exciting! Some of them looked pretty meh in swatches that I looked at, but two of these polishes stood out to me.

Supernova






Supernova is a rose gold-ish shade with a flecked foil finish. (Don't you love alliteration?) The shade stood out to me because the finish reminded me of Chanel Delight. They are definitely in the same family, but not dupes. I considered doing a comparison post, but unless anyone is really interested in that, I'll just leave it for now! It was opaque in two coats.

Close-up:


Zincing of You:





Zincing of You is veeery veeeeery similar to Supernova. So similar, in fact, that I was a little worried I'd mix up the pictures for this post! (I had a little trouble telling them apart) Zincing of You has the exact same flecked foil finish, but it is a little bit cooler toned and more of a neutral gold color. It was opaque in three coats.

Close-up:


Overall, I loved these two shades. The formula on both was excellent, with no streaking or dragging to speak of, and I had no qualms with the brushes. I even got nice curved cuticle lines out of them. Zincing was a little sheer compared to Supernova, but either way, I'm still impressed. These shades were excellent.

I've actually been wearing Zincing of You without base or top coat since Sunday, and I only have one major chip (totally my fault; I was too rough on my nails in drawing class), and minimal tipwear. The wear isn't even noticeable unless I turn on a light and look very closely at my nails. Why this polish is wearing so well, I have no idea. 

Before I sign off, here's a bit of nail art I did with Super Nova and Illamasqua Prosperity.  I did this specifically for Alexis Leigh's BotM post, but I figured I should also share it here.



I really love the contrasting textures of the rubber finish Illamasqua and the foil finish Sinful. This is my first successful tape mani EVER by the way. I've tried before, but they always came out wonky. Until now! I'm glad I was able to get it right for Alexis. 

Okay, that's all for now. I was actually only able to get this post done because I'm feeling a little under the weather and I'm missing my first class today. >.< Ugh. I need to get some rest so I can get some school stuff done. Bye now!

-Fitzy

14 comments:

  1. Tape is hard! I'm never patient enough so I feel your pain. Congrats on getting it so neat =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hopefully I can be patient enough to try this again soon. :P

      Delete
  2. Both of those are gorgeous! I need a gold foil! And the tape mani came out great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your swatches make me glad I went out and bought these two! Love your taped mani :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have to say I think these two are the best in the collection.

      Delete
  4. Oooh, I LOVE this. You're right- the contrasting textures of foil + rubber finish is so interesting. Very striking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I thought it looked pretty awesome if I do say so myself.

      Delete
  5. I have trouble with tape too, mostly getting lined up just right on the nail. For me it was much easier just to learn to freehand it. So my lines aren't perfect? It's handpainted and that's the beauty of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is certainly beauty in imperfection! ;)

      Delete
  6. Oooo I LOVE the way you added the purple!! Super awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super Nova has become my "go to" polish! If I'm in a hurry, truthfully I don't need a base or top coat with this one. One coat is almost enough, but I always do two. I feel like some of these heavier foils add a bit of strength to my nails. To my eye it comes so close to Orly's Rage yet I prefer Super Nova because the foil seems more finely milled.
    I recently discovered you while Goggling swatches, love your blog:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet! ;) It's a solid polish. I usually leave out the base coat with metallics too... I figure they don't have any pigment, so, what's the harm? :P

      And these are so great for the price! :D

      Thank you for reading!

      Delete

Please leave me a comment! I read all of them and I will definitely get back to you if you have any questions.