Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Polish Days: Sentimental Polish

Hey y'all! I'm really pressed for time, so I'm getting this post out as quickly as I can. I'll probably come back and add more pics tomorrow if I can. :)

Today is the first Polish Days that I've been able to participate in! Yay! The theme is sentimental polish, so that can be a polish that means something special, a polish that got you hooked, or maybe some nail art for someone or something special.

Today I actually went with a bit of nail art. Take a look:


I did this mani to represent my relationship with my partner. Yeah, yeah, gross couple alert. :P I love my partner very dearly and he means more than the world to me. Plus he supports my nail addiction hobby, and even likes quite a lot himself, so it only makes sense to make a mani for the two of us!

On the pinky is Chanel Graphite, which represents me. I've mentioned before that Chanel Graphite is one of my favorites because my partner actually bought it for me. He knew how badly I wanted it, but I felt like I just shouldn't buy it, so he got it for me without even telling me!

The ring finger is a rainbow gradient... let's see if you can guess why. :P (And yes, I put it on my RING finger for a reason)

The middle finger is Chanel Delight, to represent my partner. There's a story behind this one too, but it's a little too personal to share all of it. Let's just say he was going through some tough times and this polish helped to cheer him up.

And the pointer finger is the Banana Republic* logo. Because we actually met while I was working at Banana Republic. xD I know, it's cheesy. I drew it on with a sharpie over white polish.

I was originally going to do something to represent my mother, because she means so much to me, but then this idea popped into my head and I couldn't think of anything else!

Thank you for reading, and thank you to the TON of people who recently followed my blog! I really appreciate it! Y'all warm my little Texan heart. <3

-Fitzy

*The BR logo is a registered trademark of GAP Inc. I am not affiliated with GAP Inc. in any way. (Just covering my ass here folks, move along.)

32 comments:

  1. I love the BR Logo- I knew what it was the moment I saw it- I used to work there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I used to work there too; I was working when we met. :P

      Delete
  2. Absolutely beautiful, and holy crap they are some stunning man-nails!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so SWEET!!! *cries* What a wonderful love story!! As someone who has the most wonderful husband in the world I totally understand how you feel. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! xD It's wonderful having a partner who really is like my other half.

      Delete
  4. Cute idea! I might do something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wicked sweet! And I'm jealous of anyone who can do a gradient :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you appreciate my skillz ;)

      Delete
  6. This is an awesome mani. I love the gradient (Yay rainbows!), and I adore how the polishes for each of you happen to be metallic (and Chanel, but I digress). What a sweet mani.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, thanks! I swear, we're not completely loaded with tons of Chanel. Dx those just happen to be two of the three that we own. Very rare splurges for us!

      Delete
  7. Awww, what a thoughtful mani - I hope the boy loved it!! I'm so jealous of your nails!! They are gorge!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I asked him right now -- he says yes, he loved it. :)

      Thank you! >.<

      Delete
  8. Love the symbolic depictions and meaning some of the polishes have come to have for you. And I know only to well how lovely it is to have the person who is the centre of your world support and encourage you in your hobby:) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate! It really is wonderful having a partner like him. :D

      Delete
  9. Wow those are awesome! Your gradient is perfection!! I'm so jealous! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll admit I think I need a little more practice with gradients...

      Delete
  10. Aw that's really awesome that you had a story behind each nail! Very sweet and thoughtful! :]

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just found your blog by the recommendation on Dressed Up Nails on one of her asks on Tumblr! Your nails are fabulous and I'm so glad I found you! And now I might have to make a Chanel Graphite purchase because it looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Graphite is truly awesome. My picture HARDLY does it any justice; it's way better in real life. Thank you for reading btw, and I'm glad you found me! :D

      Delete
  12. Aw, what a sweet manicure!!! :'D I love how each nail represents something about the two of you!! Also, fantastic nail art and gorgeous choices!! :D I wish you both a long and wonderful life together!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :3 I'm glad you like it.

      Delete
  13. Damn Fitzy, you have better nails than most of the women I know! I love the idea behind this mani. It made me go awwwwww, *sniffle*. Hugs and Kisses to you and your Bf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you! I have been pretty proud of my nails lately... ^.^ It took a long time for them to get where they are, but I'm very satisfied with them at this point.

      I'm glad you liked my mani! :D

      Delete
  14. Love the colors especially the gold and silver. I find them elegant and classy colors. they are perfect for this coming holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I definitely see myself wearing more of those colors around christmas :)

      Delete

Please leave me a comment! I read all of them and I will definitely get back to you if you have any questions.