Monday, October 15, 2012

OPI Germany Collection Fall 2012: Every Month is Oktoberfest Swatch and Review

Howdy y'all,

So this polish sat in my untrieds bin for SO LONG, and now that I have it on I can't believe I waited so long to even try it!

Every Month is Oktoberfest
Oktoberfest is probably my first "vampy" polish ever, and I don't think I could've picked a better polish to dip my toes in the vampy pool with.

It's a rich purple-based (yes, purple!) polish with a dark and velvety burgundy shimmer. This polish is so rich and complex and aksjdfhk! I'm drooling over it, sorry.

More picspam:




Close up (click on this one!):


The formula was perfect. The first coat was thin enough to really see the purple base, and the second coat just completely covers the nail. I topped my mani with Seche Vite. 

The only thing I had trouble with was the brush. It's a little wide for my pinky, but otherwise perfect for the rest of my nails.

This was the only shade in the Germany Collection that really caught my eye, and I'm glad it did. It's pure awesome. <3_<3

-Fitzy

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous swatches. I hope you'll be showing us more vampy polishes from now on because this one looks so pretty on you. Your skin seems to be very fair and that's the perfect base for vampy shades.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah I think the contrast between the polish and my skin looks great :D I'll see what other vampy shades I want to try in the future!

      Delete
  2. Wow. "Rich" is the perfect word to describe this color, it's stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very rich purple indeed! This looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning polish! really really gorgeous

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment! I read all of them and I will definitely get back to you if you have any questions.