Thursday, October 18, 2012

Obligatory Jack O' Lantern Nails

Hey y'all...

Yeah, yeah, yeah! I know everyone is doing some form of pumpkin nails this month!

But that doesn't mean I shouldn't give it a shot! xD


These are my little jack o' lantern buddies! I painted them on with a PAPERCLIP (don't judge me) with Wet 'n Wild Black Creme over a shimmery orange base of OPI Clubbing 'Til Sunrise.

I also attempted to "paint" on some glow in the dark polish over the eyes and mouths to make them glow like actual jack o' lanterns, but the effect wasn't very strong so I couldn't get it to show up on camera. :( Sad day. I'll probably try some other glow in the dark nail art for Halloween again though.

I think they came out... Okay ish. xD I like my middle and ring fingers, for sure. I have no idea why the face on my pinkie looks so squished! He didn't look that bad off camera! xD At least this was good practice for future freehand nail paintings.

Before I go, here's the base on its own.


A swatch of OPI Clubbing 'Til Sunrise. Shimmery orange. A little sheer. I did two coats but three coats would've been better. Overall, not bad! But I don't think it's really a good color for me.

Ciao for now!

Fitzy

10 comments:

  1. Would you stop having better nails than mine?!?! Really, so jealous!! These turned out great for using a paper clip - I've never thought of that before, now I know it can be done!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaahhh xD I'm sorry! But my nails are staying the way they are lol

      And the paperclip was a last-minute decision... I just had one lying around and it worked better than trying to tape a design, trying to draw anything on with the polish brush, and it even looked better than sharpie! >.<

      Well actually, the sharpie looked really good, but you can't put top coat over sharpie so... paperclip was the way to go!

      And a bent paperclip is surprisingly easy to hold... It kind of bends into your hand if you do it right.

      Delete
  2. OMG THEY'RE SO CUTE. If you want a set of dotting tools, bornprettystore.com has a cheap on and coupons/discounts all the time but you seem to be doing pretty well without them... Save your money. =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D

      When I have some extra money and feel like treating myself, I'll probably get a set of dotting tools... But for now, I think I'm good. Lol

      Delete
  3. Those are some darn cute pumpkins! And great job using the paperclip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think I'm going to try more paperclip freehand stuffs

      Delete
  4. :'D Those are so adorable!!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment! I read all of them and I will definitely get back to you if you have any questions.