Sunday, October 28, 2012

NOTD: Kleancolor Holo Yellow (Swatch and Review)

Hey howdy!

Sorry I've been a bit absent lately. I've been way stressed out with life and school and stuff. Also managing depression is tough, okay. Let's be real. Sometimes I have no motivation to do anything, even things I enjoy. And when I'm forcing myself to do things I don't like and it's making me feel physically sick, I have no energy left to do something fun.

Maybe I should talk a bit more about my personal life? I don't know if y'all want to hear about stuff like this, but I'm perfectly comfortable with sharing. Life is tough. We all know that. I personally think it helps just to know there are other people out there going through similar struggles too.

Okay, enough serious talk. I do actually have nail pictures today!

I've been wearing Kleancolor Holo Yellow since Friday and haven't taken it off yet. ...More on that later.

Kleancolor Holo Yellow



Holo Yellow is made up of fine yellow and holographic glitter suspended in a sheer yellow base. The only Kleancolors I own are three of their holos. The other two are Holo Chrome (which is blue, not chrome?) and Holo Orange.

To me, this is one of those "ugly pretty" polishes. It's kind of a weird murky gold-ish yellow as opposed to a plain primary yellow. It looks great in the sun, and I would have taken outside pics but the sun only came out once this weekend! It's weird to have so much rain and cold weather in one weekend...

The polish is mostly glitter, but it's pretty buildable and was opaque in two to three coats. Most nails only needed two coats. It was pretty hungry so I also gave most of my nails one or two coats of Gelous and a coat of Seche Vite. I'm not looking forward to removal since my nails are basically COVERED in glitter. Why do I always do this to myself? Why am I too lazy to buy glue?

Blurry to show holo
Here's a close up shot: Please pardon the top coat chipping off the side of my nail. This is day three after all! ;P


Here's a special tidbit I have to share today: I broke a damn nail last week! (on my right hand)


My middle finger on my right hand gives me nothing but trouble. It has a bit of skin on the side of it that I can't stop picking at, and it's ALWAYS my one nail that starts peeling. It's inevitable and frustrating, and part of the reason why I keep my nails so short on my right hand.

But here's how this shit happened: My nail started peeling right in the middle of the tip, as it always does after a few manis, and so against my better judgement I decided to buff it out. I wanted to keep the nail from continuing to split off from itself, but I buffed a LOT out of it.

The next morning when I took a shower, a huge notch just broke right out of it, even with base coat on. I was so upset! Lol. I filed it down as much as I could on Friday before doing my nails with Holo Yellow. It seems to have grown out a bit, so as soon as I take this off I'm going to file it down a little bit more.

Ugh. Nail frustrations. I hope your nails are doing better than mine!
This cold weather is making my cuticles sad.

<3

Fitzy

14 comments:

  1. I hope you're doing ok Fitzy! <3 You can talk about whatever you want to on your blog! I personally enjoy getting to know bloggers when they talk about their personal lives. BTW that color is gorgeous and I totally understand what you mean by Ugly Pretty. That's what they should have named it!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! To be honest, I am okay right now but I've definitely been better. I will probably keep talking about things as they come, but my blog will always be about nail polish. <3

      Delete
  2. The cold weather is terrible for me too! My eczema acts up like mad =(
    I love getting to know people I follow and if you ever want a candid conversation I don't mind talking either. I had a really dark time in my life recently and I seem to be mostly past it right now but I'm always happy to offer internet hugs (and real ones)!
    Ugly pretty is such a weird concept to me but I defs understand that too xD Essence High Spirits is like that haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Internet hugs sound wonderful! I'm sorry to hear you've been through a rough time recently. I know what it's like to be in a dark place. Hang in there. :)

      btw I have High Spirits and I haven't even tried it yet! Lol

      Delete
  3. I totally understand how you feel, I love my polish but some days I just don't want to leave my bed let alone play with polish. Depression is a B***h. I hope you feel better.

    Oh and I'm having nail issues right now too! It's usually my right hand as well but this time the nail gods decided to throw me for a loop and screwed with my left! *gasp* My swatch hand! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) I've been having more good days, but life is still tough.

      Noooooo not the swatch hand! O:

      Delete
  4. Hi. I have that exact same problem with my middle finger on my right hand. I think because it's the longest finger, it hits everything harder, and of course since it's my dominant hand, I use it more. I started using OPI Nail Envy and it has made my nails so much stronger. It takes a few minutes to dry, but I think it's worth it. My nails have stopped peeling and now I am able to grow them out. I just use two coats as a base coat and then paint my nails as usual and use Seche Vite fast dry. I buy mine off Amazon for around $7. I've seen it at Ulta for about $20 or so. Theres a few different kinds, but I get original.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been using some of the Essie nail treatment/base coats, but maybe it's time for a change! I'll look into Nail Envy.

      Delete
  5. Feel free to talk about what you like, it's our blog :) I will say I do like when bloggers also talk about their life. It puts a real person behind the blog and I find it can connect you a bit more. I hope you are feeling better :)

    And I totally get the ugly prettyness of that polish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I'll keep talking until I don't have anything to talk about xP

      Delete
  6. I like personal touches. I think sometimes the blogging world can be too cold and impersonal, leading us to forget there's a real person attached. I suffer from depression as well, coupled with some pretty crippling anxiety. It's a hard hand to be dealt and cetainly makes even the smallest tasks seem freakin' insurmountable.

    But you're still my hero, so let's talk about those nails! This is the only one of the Klenacolor holos I don't have, and now I'm going to have to buy it! It has that same kind of appeal as China Glaze Trendsetter, no? And my nails are seriously jealous of yours and are in the bathroom crying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anxiety sucks. :( I'm sorry you have to deal with that; my partner has pretty bad anxiety too, so I definitely understand where you're coming from.

      I freakin love the Kleancolor holos! I desperately want the pink one; it's just so pretty! :D But heck yes I love ugly/pretty colors. Wish I had Trendsetter too.

      (shushhh, don't cry nails!)

      Delete
  7. You totally rock!!! I love seeing your posts. Can't wait to see what came in Monday's mail for you. Hugs, Z.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment! I read all of them and I will definitely get back to you if you have any questions.