Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

Hey Y'all!

Hope you're having a good Halloween so far! I've still got some homework to catch up on, but I'm excited for tonight. There's a Halloween dance tonight at my university that the GLBTQ student organization is throwing and I'm going in drag. It's kind of a tradition for the dance that the people attending should fuck with gender presentation in some way, so it should be a lot of fun. ;)

I did these nails for tonight. They kind of go with my outfit, but really I wanted something Halloween-inspired but not totally obvious. So I did a vaguely candy-corn-inspired gradient.

I only used two colors, and the orange I picked (ChG Roguish Red) is a very red toned orange, but the inspiration is still there. :P


It was kind of a rush job, and not the best gradient I've ever done, but I'm still happy with it! It'll do for tonight anyway.

I sort of did the gradient in an unusual way as well. Instead of sponging the orange all over my nails after painting them white, I painted over some of the white with the orange but left the tips white, and then sponged orange and white only onto the tips to blend them in.

The reason I did it that way was so that I wouldn't have to clean up around my cuticles. It worked! But I could've done a better job with the gradient itself. I think I should have done two coats of Roguish Red before I started sponging. Ah well. You can't tell how patchy it is from far away!


Happy Halloween everyone! Or if you don't celebrate Halloween, I hope your day is swell. And to those affected by Hurricane Sandy, my heart goes out to you, and my thoughts are with you all.

-Fitzy

9 comments:

  1. Great gradient!! Have fun at the dance, sounds like it will be an awesome night :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still want pics of your costume =D Your nails look perfect to me! Have tons of fun <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I doubt any pictures of me in drag will ever see the light of day! xD

      Delete
  3. Have a great time tonight.
    This is an interesting gradient. I'm more used to seeing gradients with lighter colour at the base of the nail and darker colour towards the free edge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted it to look more like a "french tip gradient" that I've seen before, and the colors just happened to work out. :)

      Delete
  4. Great job. I need to try a gradient one of these days...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You should definitely try it. In my opinion, it's really easy compared to most nail art techniques.

      Delete
  5. Love the gradient! Sounds like you have quite the night ahead of you. Have fun and be safe! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment! I read all of them and I will definitely get back to you if you have any questions.