Sunday, October 21, 2012

Franken... Sunday? Funday???

Howdy y'all,

If you follow me on twitter, you might have seen my crappy webcam shot of this frankenpolish yesterday. ;)

I think this is one of my favorite frankens I have ever made. I've made around ten or so, but I have yet to share them all... Let me know what you think, and if you want me to share my frankens more often!

Valor


Valor is a dusty dark teal (much greener than the pictures) that dries to a semi-matte finish. I thought it looked neat so I left it without top coat for the pics.

I mixed in half a bottle of clear polish, almost half a bottle of Sinful Colors Savage, somewhere around 30 drops of black, and maybe some Sally Hansen Petrol and/or Revlon Royal? I didn't write down the recipe for this one--like an idiot--so I only have a rough idea of what's in it. Whoops. >.<





I named it Valor because I wanted it to have a strong name--something encouraging and hopeful. My original intention was to make a green franken for Depression Awareness in October, but I liked how this one was turning out so I didn't make it green. I stuck with the theme though, and named it Valor. 

What do you think? Do you like colors like this? Do you make frankens too? I have so many questions!!! :P

-Fitzy

12 comments:

  1. Love it! Definitely want to see more of your frankens =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah it is far better than the twitpic. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my!! This is GORGEOUS!!! O_O;
    I LOOOOVE colours like this so much, and I adore the finish it has. You really made a beautiful gem here!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :3 I'm pretty proud of it! heh

      Delete
  4. I love your franken! You should join the Franken and Indie Polish Lovers group on Facebook. There are a lot of great indie polish makers in the group, and they're pretty great about answering questions about frankening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion! :D I checked out the group and it definitely seems like a good resource ^.^

      Delete
  5. I'm not a big fan of blue, but I do like rubbery finish. I appreciate frankening experiments, so I'd definitely like to see more of your frankens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I have another one that I've been meaning to post for a long time; it just needs a name first... :P

      Delete
  6. <<< brand spanking new follower. You sir are a delight! Also you have some really fabulous swatches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D I'm glad you think I am both delightful and fabulous... I do feel pretty fab. ;)

      Delete

Please leave me a comment! I read all of them and I will definitely get back to you if you have any questions.