Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Pomegranate Lacquer Fall 2012: Autumnesque and Curator - Swatches and Review



Howdy y'all,

Pomegranate Lacquer is a brand that I have quickly grown to love. They have great colors and an excellent formula, and I'm excited to share two of their new fall shades with you as they are definitely a new favorite of mine. :)

Here are Autumnesque and Curator:

Autumnesque





Autumnesque is a straight up copper shimmer. It is nothing but pure metallic burnt red-orange bliss. Two coats for full opacity.

I also tried to get close-up shots:



Curator





Curator is a black jelly with silver hex and small circular(??) gold glitter. I freakin LOVE this polish y'all. I wore three to four coats on most of my fingers, but on my middle finger I applied just two coats of Curator over a coat of black creme polish. I think I honestly prefer how it looks on its own; that jelly finish is just spectacular. 


(Ugh, sorry about my messy-looking nails. I didn't do the greatest job removing my previous mani.)

I really like pros and cons for reviews, so I'm gonna keep with that theme.

What I liked:
  • The colors! Black with glitter is a win in my book, and I loved the pure coppery finish of Autumnesque.
  • Jelly finish? Yes please!
  • Application was pretty much perfect. No formula issues to speak of. 
What I didn't like:
  • Curator took a lot of coats to reach full opacity on its own.
  • Glitter removal is a pain in the butt, but hey! That's nobody's fault. ;)
Overall, these two shades are great, and I definitely want to get my hands on the rest of the collection. 

Pomegranate Lacquer sells for $9 a bottle on their website. If you are interested in their fall collection, click that link. The new shades do not disappoint. (I'm a sucker for teals, man...)

All Pomegranate Nail Lacquers are 4-Free, made in the USA, and are not tested on animals. Check 'em out. :)

-Fitzy

The products in this post were sent for review.

18 comments:

  1. I love Autumnesque! That's such a gorgeous copper. (I'm also a huge sucker for shimmers, might have to wishlist this one. :) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great! I don't have anything else like it

      Delete
  2. Dude, I'm really impressed with your blog. It's so much more polished than most guy bloggers and a lot of girl bloggers as well. And the past few swatches are some colors that I have and LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. This comment has seriously made my day! Thanks for reading. :)

      Delete
    2. Also lol "polished" eh?

      I see wut u did thar

      Delete
  3. Also, check out using Elmer's glue as a base coat so glitter remover isn't such a pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure, I need to try this. I just have to empty out a polish bottle!

      Delete
  4. HOLY FREAKING CRAP... your photos are the sh*t dude! I actually wasn't totally sold on Curator but thanks to you I think I need it now.

    PS No joke I just finished writing up my review to post tomorrow and saw you just posted yours yesterday. Stop trying to be my twin ;)

    OH and the elmer's glue basecoat works amazing but make sure to do 2 coats or it won't peel off right. I filmed a video of me peeling it off just to show how it worked.. will have to post that soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I've really been trying hard to improve my pictures lately so I'm glad it shows. I'm so glad I was able to get a good macro of that glitter. You definitely need it btw. ;P

      And thank you for the glue tip! I'll make sure to do two coats when I try it out.

      Can't wait to see your post!

      Delete
  5. I love both of these! O.o I need to jump on the Pomegranate band wagon. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure! Their polish is great quality. I'm a fan of course so I think you should try 'em out. :)

      Delete
  6. Curator is a knock out! I might need to find this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's definitely my favorite of the two!

      Delete
  7. Curator is so great; what an awesome polish! And I have to say it again- your swatches are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :O I'm really flattered...

      Delete

Please leave me a comment! I read all of them and I will definitely get back to you if you have any questions.