Sunday, September 16, 2012

NotN: Jessica Red Dawn Mattified AKA Celebratory Lightbox Post

Hello hello!

I'm happy you could join me for this special Nail of the Night post! I honestly couldn't stop myself from writing up one of these silly late night posts. I'm just really excited about my new lighting setup! I think it looks really freakin good, okay?

I'm showing it off with what I think are some of the best pictures I've ever taken for this damn blog.


This is a Jessica polish called Red Dawn. I've reviewed it on this blog before, but in case you didn't know it's a densely pigmented shimmery red capable of one coat coverage. I did two coats for tonight 'cause I wanted to see if it would make any difference. (It does. It looks a bit darker and richer.)

I topped it with Essie Matte About You for funsies.


With flash; why not?

I loooove how this looks. Not sure where that white speck on my index finger came from, but ah, who cares?

I'm really happy with these pictures, and with my lighting setup, but I know there's always room for improvement. They could definitely look even better than they do now. I would love any feedback or constructive criticism if you have it! Even if you think these pictures absolutely suck, I'd like to know why!

That's all for tonight, but I'm working on something special for tomorrow. Ciao!

-Fitzy

4 comments:

  1. I love this so much, it looks amazing matte! Lighting is awesome too! WHoO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason I was just craving matte red on my nails. O.o totally weird, I know.

      And thanks! :D

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous colour - I just love Matte polish. Since discovering Manglaze I bought some of the Nubar matte polishes but am yet to try. But they're red and wine type colours:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh... I had to look them up just now. They look really gorgeous! And man I want to try some Manglaze. Can you believe I haven't tried them yet?!

      Delete

Please leave me a comment! I read all of them and I will definitely get back to you if you have any questions.