Thursday, September 13, 2012

Lemming Fulfilled: Sally Hansen Petrol - Swatch and Review

Howdy!

Today I have a recent lemming that I fulfilled and am extremely happy about. Can you believe how badly I wanted this polish? It was part of the Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Limited Edition Spring 2012 Alexander Wang Collection.

That is one fucking long title.

Anyway, I saw this at Walgreens aaaaaaaages ago when it first came out, and I kind of tried to dismiss it because hey, it's just a navy creme; what's so special about that?

But then I couldn't stop thinking about it. I found myself REALLY wanting it. I didn't have a navy creme... so, I should get one, right?!

And then it was gone. By the time I realized I had to have it, its time had ended and Walgreens no longer had it! I thought I'd never have it, but little did I know, my partner was looking in the sale bins every time we went to the grocery store, hoping to find it at a discount for me. And he succeeded!

Outdoors

Indoors: Lamp light (I also trimmed the brush before this swatch)


So now I have Petrol, which, to me, is the perfect near-black navy creme. It's a one coater, or if you choose to do thinner coats, two coats would be absolutely perfect. The brush on mine is a little jagged, which accounts for my less than perfect curve at the cuticles, but the formula is excellent--thin, smooth, and fairly even--which makes up for the slightly shitty brush.

So far I've used this as a base for some galaxy nails practice, and I love it. It's just... perf, okay?

That's all for now. I've been practicing my galaxy/nebula/space nails, so hopefully I'll have something more exciting to share soon.

ETA: Lightbox picture, because damn. I love how dark this polish is.

-Fitzy

12 comments:

  1. That is fricking gorgeous! And I need your partner to move to Ireland and help me find polish :D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I'll let him know about his new job. ;P

      Delete
  2. Wowza!!! I like this shade I have nothing like this! I'm gonna keep my eyes peeled!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so great! It's just incredibly dark.

      Delete
  3. Oh god, I love it! Oh, and as for the kinky brush, I had one on my sally hansen complete mani and just gently trimmed it with a small pair of nail scissors. Worked a treat. No more jagged edged manis for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just gave it a trim... I'll have to see if that helps!

      Delete
  4. WHOOO GALAXY NAILS! hahah I love this color

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing them right now! Be prepared! lol

      Delete
  5. Fabulous swatch! Love dark polishes:)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment! I read all of them and I will definitely get back to you if you have any questions.