Friday, September 14, 2012

Friday Frankenpost: No Edge

Howdy howdy howdy!

I haven't been doing a whole lot of frankening lately, but I have yet to share the frankens I have made, so I made sure to take some pictures of this one when I wore it as a full mani.

I call it "No Edge," which is a reference to the fact that the observable universe has no edge.

Dude...

No edge.*



I'll be honest, I'm pretty freakin' proud of this franken. It's a solid three coater, and I'm not sure why there's visible VNL in the pictures, because there wasn't any in real life.

Outdoors with flash

The ingredients for this baby are as follows: 

1/2 a bottle of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Blizzard Blue
1/4 of a bottle of Sinful Colors Blue By You
20 drops of any black creme nail polish (I used Sally Hansen Black Out)
10 drops of China Glaze Liquid Crystal

The result is a smooth shimmery bottle of outer space poop. It's really close to having a chrome finish similar to the China Glaze Bohemian Collection... but not quite. I know I'm not THAT good. 

The China Glaze glitter really brings a lot to the party (you can see some on my pinky in the above pictures), which I tried to capture with a bottle shot:


You can see some bits swirling around in there, but it's mostly just glowy metallic blue goodness.

Ciao for now!

-Fitzy

*If you are a nerdfighter, perhaps you will get my reference. If not, I hope you can appreciate the fact that there is no edge to the universe. No edge!!!

10 comments:

  1. Wow Fitzy what a gorgeous Franken!!! Amazing job!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just realized that it's much greener in real life than it is in these pictures. Whoops! :P

      Delete
  2. This is so freaking gorgeous!! I LOVE BLUE!!! O_O

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this blue, it is out of this world! Great blog:)
    http://www.opinionatedaboutopi.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing Franken Fitzy. I love having the franken bug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's too much fun! I wish I had more empty bottles but I'm not too keen on buying any.

      Delete

Please leave me a comment! I read all of them and I will definitely get back to you if you have any questions.