Sunday, September 2, 2012

Cloudy Skittles Mani in Black, White, and Pink


Hey y'all!

So I am just having way too much fun with this cloud design by Nailside. I did my first cloud nails just two days ago to cover up my Pucci-Licious mani, and I loved it so much that I immediately started thinking of different ways to do it! I was just going to do a matte/glossy black cloud mani (as seen on my ring finger above), but then I kept coming up with more ideas and I needed to try them all right away!

So this is what I came up with, using four different polishes and three different top coats.


(L to R)

Pinky: Sinful Colors Snow Me White, Essie Tour De Finance, Wet 'n Wild Black Creme, Seche Vite TC.

Ring: China Glaze Smoke and Ashes, Essie Matte About You, Essie Good to Go.

Middle: SC Snow Me White, Wet 'n Wild Black Creme, Essie Good to Go, Essie Matte About You.

Index: Essie Tour De Finance, Essie Matte About You, Essie Good to Go, Matte About You.


And the thumb is CG Smoke and Ashes, Essie Tour De Finance (two coats), and Smoke and Ashes again.

The ring finger design was the first one I thought of, and it seemed to work pretty well except for the top coat getting a little thick on the tip of my nail, where the smallest part of the "cloud" is. It didn't get as thick as the matte top coat did on my middle finger though.

The index finger design didn't work out as well as I thought it would. It just doesn't stand out that much. (Especially in pictures) I think this was the best shot I got of it:


Here's another shot of all five nails (you can definitely see the globbiness on my middle finger in this picture):


I was trying to figure out if I could pick one favorite nail from this mani, but I don't think I can. I just had so much fun doing them all! I do think the ring, pinky, and thumb are the best ones, though.

What do you think? Do you like one of these designs best? Should I do more of them? Let me know! I'd love some suggestions and/or feedback.

-Fitzy

21 comments:

  1. These all look awesome!!! :D I love the combo of pink and black!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always thought pink and black look great together. Thank you! >.<

      Delete
  2. This is an absolutely gorgeous mani!! I love it so much! Beautiful nails Fitzy! I especially love you ring and pinkie fingers! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm sure you can expect more looks like this in the near future. ;)

      Delete
  3. Looks great! Very clean lines:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You should see my left hand. ;P

      Delete
  4. This is soooooooooooooo freaking gorgeous! Ahhh I'm so in love with this, for sure one of my favorite manis from you ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you. x3

      *bows* I try, I try.

      Delete
  5. Hi Fitzy, thank you for your sweet comment on my tutorial! ^_^ Love what you did here with all the different combinations, I think myt favorite is the middlefinger, so fierce! Keep up the good work, your nails look fabulous. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane. Your tutorials are awesome! :)

      Delete
  6. Holy crap these are awesome! My favs are the thumb and pinky. It's the pink and black together, stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know, the pink and black is pretty sweet right? ;)))

      Delete
  7. Shut the flippin front door, these are amazaballs! I love matte and I love the subtle use of it here - heart!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thank you! I'm really happy with how these turned out! :D

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment! I read all of them and I will definitely get back to you if you have any questions.