Monday, August 27, 2012

Pomegranate Lacquer: Blue Screen of Death and Heliotrope - Swatches and Review


I'm back. ;)

Well, mostly. Not all of my real life stuff has calmed down yet, but things are at least a little bit more chill. School actually starts in just a couple days for me, and even though I'm not taking that many classes, I'm guessing I'll still be busy, especially since I actually intend to be a good student this semester. v_v

On to the polish!

Today I have two sweet bottles of Pomegranate Lacquer to review: Blue Screen of Death and Heliotrope.


This here is two coats of Blue Screen of Death.

Goddamn I love this color. The name is hilarious, first of all, and the polish itself is perfection! It's a bright blue jelly with turquoise shimmer swimming in it, and a perfect formula. Royal blue polish is definitely my weakness. This is a little lighter than Revlon Royal, which to me is the perfect inky royal blue color, but it's stunning nonetheless.

I unfortunately have no idea whether or not it stains, because I didn't take any chances and doubled up on base coat before swatching it. I used two coats of Essie's ridge filling base coat, because it's not a clear base. I wanted a sheer nude base underneath BSoD because I read somewhere that it's a better alternative to a white base under a jelly to prevent VNL. And yes, it's a brilliant idea! Without the nude base, I would definitely have some VNL at two coats, but with the base it looks perfectly opaque.


Heliotrope at two coats. (The pinky has just one coat!)

On the website, Heliotrope is described as "a bright pinkish-purple" with a matte/satin finish. It definitely looks pinkish-purple in the bottle, but on the nail it reads as a bright magenta to me. It's gorgeous! With some skillful application, I probably could have gotten away with one coat on each nail, but I had to do two on all but my pinky nail.

It does dry with a nice satin finish, which I personally love, but I wanted to see it glossy so I topped it with Essie Good to Go!


Sigh...

I'm in love.

These two polishes were phenomenal. I'll definitely be buying from Pomegranate Lacquer in the future. That's pretty much all I have to say, so here's some info from Pomegranate's website:

"Pomegranate Nail Lacquer is high-quality, long-wearing, chip-resistant nail polish made in the USA. We offer gorgeous, juicy colors in a variety of finishes.

Safety is important to us. Our polish is "4-free," meaning it contains no toluene, formaldehyde, dibutyl phthalate (DBP) or camphor.
We love animals, too. Our products are cruelty-free: not tested on animals."

They have 16 different shades available at the moment, and each one is just 9 bucks. I highly recommend them!

-Fitzy

P.S. See if you can guess which of my nails is still growing out. ._."

The products in this post were sent for review.

14 comments:

  1. I love blue screen of Death! gorgeous polish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I! It's definitely a new favorite.

      Delete
  2. I'm in love, too! Blue Screen of Death is a fabulous name! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A fabulous name for a fabulous polish! :)

      Delete
  3. OHEMGEEEE I'm definitely in love with Blue Screen of Death as well! Heliotrope for sure looks magenta to me too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it ridiculous?! I love these colors; they're so bright! :D

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Get it! It's such a great polish. :D

      Delete
  5. Oh god! BSoD is amazing. Love the name too ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone loves the name! xD It's clever and it looks great.

      Delete
  6. I found you through googling the Pomegranate polishes. I love these colors and your blog is great:) I'm your newest follower:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh cool, I'm glad you found me! Thanks for following ;)

      Delete

Please leave me a comment! I read all of them and I will definitely get back to you if you have any questions.