Tuesday, August 28, 2012

NOTD: Milani 3D Holographic in Hi-Res

Hello all! Today I am wearing a favorite of mine from the Milani 3D Holographic collection; Hi-Res. It's a pale lilac purple with a scattered holo effect.


Holographic polishes are my absolute favorites, I think. To me, nothing beats having an actual rainbow glimmering on my nails, especially if I get to wear my favorite color--purple!

Here's another picture I took before I remembered to take my Mickey Mouse band-aid off... (damn papercut!) xD


Hi-Res is a three-coater, but it takes some generous coats to cover up bald-patches. Application isn't too much trouble, really, and the quick dry time helps. I topped Hi-Res with Essie Good to Go, which shines beautifully!

I keep telling myself that I don't always need to use Seche Vite (especially on a polish that dries as quickly as this one does), but I always regret not using it when I end up waiting forever for my top coat to dry. :|

Also, this is the first time I've tried to photograph a holographic polish. It was difficult getting the sun to hit it at just the right angle, but I think I did okay. As anyone who owns a holo polish already knows, they look much better in person!

In other news, during a trip to the grocery store today, my bottle of sweet tea ripped through the bag and broke all over the floor. :( Our beans and tortillas ended up covered in tea. No major damage, though, and I was able to get another tea free of charge.

I hope your day is going well, or at least less sticky than mine... xD

-Fitzy


8 comments:

  1. Sparkalicious!! I love it! I dont like that you had to put on 3 coats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind it so much because the coats go on very thin and the payoff is worth it! I like 1-2 coaters, 3 coats is okay, 4 is really pushing it, and 5 is just unacceptable... Lol

      Delete
    2. I so agree! Im too lazy to put 3 but 4 is too much!

      Delete
  2. They look absolutely gorgeous in your photos! You did a lovely job Fitzy! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of the prettiest holos I've seen. I mean, I love golds and silvers but a lilac holo... *drool*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lilac! That's the magic word I was looking for!

      Delete

Please leave me a comment! I read all of them and I will definitely get back to you if you have any questions.