Saturday, August 18, 2012

3 AM Frankenpolish: Sea Salt!

Sea Salt

I did something that I've been meaning to do for a while.

I mixed up some "frankenpolish!" And I'm so happy with it that I'm seriously writing this post at 4 AM while I should be sleeping. v.v

I'll make this quick so I can get some shuteye...


This is Sea Salt and its components. I used about 3/4 of a bottle of Sally Hansen Mint Sorbet (which is represented in this picture by China Glaze Re-Fresh Mint--they're practically the same polish!), a good helping of Sinful Colors Blue By You, and just a touch of SC Hottie.

I wanted the polish to have a little sparkle in it, so I combined two blue glitter/glass fleck polishes in the Sally Hansen bottle. Sea Salt turned out to be only subtly sparkly, but that's good enough for me!

While I was trying to think of a name for my polish, I was also thinking of what it reminded me of... And then I realized that it might be similar to Revlon Whimsical, which I own but have never used, because until now I haven't had a good base color for it.

I think they go together quite well:


Whimsical is much warmer, but they're pretty close, and I love the way they look together. I painted Sea Salt onto one finger by itself, and then onto another finger with a coat of Whimsical.



It doesn't look really great on my currently nubby nails, but I know I'm going to love this combination when my nails have grown out and are ready for polish. Sea Salt by itself took 2-3 coats to become opaque. It's not bad, if I do say so myself.

Whew, okay... I'm beat.

Gnight!

---EDIT---

I did a swatch first thing this morning, complete with a whimsical accent finger and thumb. Yes I know my application wasn't the best... I've been on break, okay? That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!



(I also replaced the label with a dot sticker. Cute, huh?)

2 coats with Seche Vite and Whimsical. It dries just a little bit gritty on its own, and the shimmer is more subtle than I thought. It's visible in the bottle though. xD

Sigh... I'm not even back from break and I'm swatching stuff... But it's my own stuff! I need to be a better blogger. :P

Fitzy

8 comments:

  1. OMG I LOVE this!!! And I absolutely ADORE the name!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! xD I think I'm going to re-swatch it and add new pictures once my nails grow out.

      My partner and I ended up making 5 more frankens that I need to share soon. O.o It's addictive!

      Delete
    2. It really is addictive!!! :D My sister and I would sit down for hours mixing polishes (until it would get too woozy and stinky hahah). I'd love to see the other ones you made! :D

      Delete
    3. I plan on sharing them soon! :)

      Delete
  2. I REALLY like this franken color! Love it with a coat of whimsical! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm so glad I have a base for Whimsical now :D

      Delete

Please leave me a comment! I read all of them and I will definitely get back to you if you have any questions.