Monday, June 18, 2012

Restored Polish: Chanel Ruban Ribbons (Swatch)


Howdy!

I had a tiring weekend out of town, but I had a chance to visit my mom for a while and relax. While I was there, I asked her if I could take her one and only Chanel polish so I could restore it to its former glory. (It was a dry, globby, thick mess!)

I gave the bottle itself a little TLC and cleaned off the built-up polish on the inside of the lid, but the main thing this polish needed was a couple droppers full of Seche Restore. If you don't own any Seche Restore, go and get some now. I mean it. It works wonders!

I don't know how to describe this color, but I've seen it described as a mauve pink? I'm thinking it's a bit rosey. It has a strong gold shimmer that I really like. It looks awesome in the bottle, for sure.


Here is my swatch of Ruban Ribbons:




This is two coats of thin, smooth, restored Chanel goodness.

I honestly didn't think I would like it on my nails, but it's super pretty and fun to look at. I just wanted to restore it for my mom, but how could I pass up on swatching it? :P I think the only thing I don't like about this polish is the smell... It has that old nail polish smell that I think is a little nauseating. It smells stronger than the Seche Vite I used, and it's been hours since I swatched it! :/

Of course, like a good nail polish blogger, I googled it plenty of times to find out more about it, and I was pretty shocked to see ONE bottle for sale somewhere for $120! D: Yikes!

I just want to say one last thing...

Thanks!

Thanks to everybody who has taken a look at my blog in the past month that I've been doing this. And an extra big thank you to those who have commented. :) I really appreciate it, and even though this blog doesn't get tons of views, it's still exciting to me that people are interested in this silly boy and his nail polish obsession.

-Fitzy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment! I read all of them and I will definitely get back to you if you have any questions.