Friday, June 8, 2012

Rainbow Gradient Nails (my first gradient! woohoo!)

This is a really really REALLY shoddy picture but I'm feeling pretty proud of myself! At least a few of my nails actually don't look half bad (my thumbs sure look great), but I definitely have room for improvement.

Rainbow, of course! :P
The sun was going down, which accounts for the bad lighting, but I really just want to share! I of course used the extremely helpful picture tutorial from The Nailasaurus. Her blog is super excellent by the way--I just love her nail art.

That's all for now! I actually did this rainbow mani for an LGBTQ Pride event that's happening in town where I live, so maybe I'll get some more pictures of them tomorrow. And if I see anyone else with rainbow nails, I'll try to snap a picture of our nails together. ;P

Update 6/10/2012:

Here are a couple more pictures of my nails. I tried to get one that shows that my pinky nail isn't completely red! You can also see how messy it actually is. (Low quality pictures are so much more flattering sometimes...)

indoors

outdoors in the shade

Pridefest was fun, but exhausting. I'm pretty much burnt out for today, which means I'm going to be relaxing... which means I'm probably going to clean this rainbow off of my nails and re-paint them!

Oh, and by the way, the colors I used for this gradient are:

  • Sinful Colors: Ruby Ruby
  • Essie: Fear or Desire
  • Sally Hansen Insta Dri: Lightening
  • SH Insta Dri: Just in Lime!
  • SH Insta Dri: Brisk Blue
  • SH Insta Dri: Lively Lilac
Sinful Colors Ruby Ruby is actually the only red I own... I sure own a lot of Insta Dri polishes though! :P

Later!
-Fitzy

6 comments:

  1. That's amazing! Especially for a first! Had you not mentioned that I wouldn't have even guessed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm thinking of trying another gradient today actually. My first time went so well that I don't want to stop! ;D

      Delete
  2. This gradient looks awesome! Absolutely love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I had fun doing it.

      Delete

Please leave me a comment! I read all of them and I will definitely get back to you if you have any questions.