Thursday, June 21, 2012

NOTD: Royal Ruby Jelly Gradient

Hey y'all!

I've been meaning to do something like this for a while now; I love the idea of doing gradients, and I especially love mixing bright saturated colors!

This is two coats of Revlon Royal and Sinful Colors Ruby Ruby sponged onto two coats of Essie Blanc. Royal and Ruby Ruby are definitely two favorites of mine, but Blanc always gives me trouble! Unfortunately it's the only white creme I own.


I imagined the two colors mixing together to create a nice dark purple gradient. It's not as obvious as I hoped it would be, but it's a little more obvious in person.


These bright colors didn't agree with my camera and I had a hard time getting a color accurate picture. These two are the best I could do!

I'm also trying to get the hang of using a small paintbrush to clean up my cuticles. It's new to me, but it seemed to help a little bit with the amount of polish I sponged onto my cuticles. (You can still see that red jelly polish on my cuticles!) I think I'm starting to get better at shaping my nails as well, but they're quite short right now so it's difficult for me to do much with them.

Anyway, I guess that's all for now! I'm going to keep doing gradients and I plan on trying some other nail art techniques soon. (Yes, water marbling is going to happen soon. I hope I know what I'm getting myself into.)

-Fitzy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment! I read all of them and I will definitely get back to you if you have any questions.