Friday, June 1, 2012

Essie Summer 2012 Swatches and Review



Howdy! So not too long ago, my lovely love and I spent way too much money at ULTA... (Oh wait, we do that all the time. :P) But during this particular shopping spree, we picked up four mini bottles from the Essie summer collection. I'm just having too much fun with tiny bottles of polish!

We also picked up our first crystal nail file, which was pretty exciting for me. :D

Anyway, here are the four shades that came in the little box:


From left to right: Bikini so Teeny, Mojito Madness, Off the Shoulder, and Fear or Desire. I'll show you the swatches in that order, and then give my opinion at the end.

Bikini so Teeny:




Bikini So Teeny is a periwinkle or sky blue creme with a bit of purple in it (I've seen it also described as cornflower blue). It has a really pretty silver shimmer that shows up in the bottle, but is veeeeery faint on the nail. You can't see it at all in these pictures. This was three coats.

Mojito Madness:




Really nice warm light green creme. I think this was two thick coats. Not much to say here, except I was surprised at how nice this looked on me.

Off the Shoulder:



I have to say, I really liked this one! I don't wear pink often, but I actually liked how Off the Shoulder looked against my skin. Very flattering, in my opinion. This was three coats, I believe.

Fear or Desire:



Just as far as color goes, this was definitely my favorite in the collection. When I put on the first coat, my first thought was "Mmmmm... Cheetos!" I was tempted to lick my fingers. ;P It's just such a nice, tangy, crunchy, cheesy orange... Wow I'm making myself hungry now. Anway, this was four coats. I'm also usually wary of oranges because I don't think they look good on me, but I loooove this color!

As a whole, this collection was not the best... The formula on all of these was streaky, but Mojito Madness was the easiest to work with, while Bikini so Teeny and Fear or Desire were the worst. If Fear or Desire didn't take four coats to even out the streaks, I'd probably be wearing it right now! Off the shoulder was not bad, but I have to say I'm kinda glad I didn't go for any full-size bottles. :/

The other two colors in the collection that didn't come in this box were All Tied Up and Cascade Cool, which I'm a little sad I missed out on. All Tied Up looks really interesting to me, and Cascade Cool just might be another pink that I would enjoy wearing.

Looks like that's all for now! I think I need some Cheetos to satisfy a craving...

Ciao!

-Fitzy

1 comment:

Please leave me a comment! I read all of them and I will definitely get back to you if you have any questions.