Wednesday, May 16, 2012

I'm a male nail blogger! (Milani Fresh Teal swatch)


Hello! Fitzy here! :D I have a little post for you today.
Okay, so the whole reason I started this blog was so that I can start sharing my ideas/thoughts about nail polish, along with swatches and pictures of new colors I acquire, or nail art and stuffs. I really love the nail polish blogging community, even though I've only been reading some blogs for a fairly short time. (I only discovered Scrangie a few months ago :P) But I'm eager to start doing more than just reading; I'd like to share some things as well.

I'd like to think I bring a unique perspective to this nail-blogging scene, seeing as I'm a 19 year-old guy in Texas, who identifies as queer/gay and currently has a wonderful super amazing boyfriend, and enjoys fucking with gender. Yeah.

As far as nail polish tastes go, I really love bright colors and crazy looks, and occasionally I go on a wild glitter kick and I just NEED to cover my nails with glitter. Sometimes I can't STAND shimmer and I want nothing more than a nice smooth creme, but then sometimes I just have a hankering for some sparkle! I'm a little all over the place I suppose!

Today I have something for you that's a little old, but this polish is one of my favorites. It's Fresh Teal from the Milani Neon collection. I added little stickers on my thumbs because why the hell not?? I should also mention that these pictures are FAR from color accurate! :( These pictures make Fresh Teal look like a dusty blue teal, when it is really much more vivid and green in real life! It's more neon of course! haha

I'd show you my other thumb, but it really does not look as good! Trust me! It's a disaster.


Here are a couple pics with the bottle, just because I know I'm not the only one frustrated by these damn opaque bottles. :P



You can see the tiniest bit of VNL here, which I am okay with. The color is so smooth and lovely that for me it makes up for it. Also, I've seen some other bloggers say that this collection dries matte or semi-matte, like most neons. ...I find that to not be true at all! This color is quite glossy, and so are the other two colors I have from this collection.

I felt compelled to swipe a bit of polish onto the outside of the bottle, just to keep it real. ;)

Anyway, that's all for right now! I already feel like doing my nails again, so we'll see if I have a post to share later. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for swatching this!! I'm a real deal teal lover :-) and this looks like something I need to own!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I plan on re-swatching this one at some point... ;P

      Delete

Please leave me a comment! I read all of them and I will definitely get back to you if you have any questions.